Business Women in International Trade (BWIT)
BWIT supports Canadian women entrepreneurs in international trade by representing and advocating their commercial and economic interests as they travel along the path to export success.
- In Canada, 4 out of 5 businesses are started by women
- Representing 47% of small and medium-sized enterprises, women-owned businesses are growing at a faster rate than those run by men
- Women business owners generate almost 40% of their sales in foreign markets and provide jobs for 1.7 million Canadians
BWIT can help
- Facilitate access to information specific to women entrepreneurs, including: support networks, government resources, events, and services available to Canadian business women
- Partner for success with key stakeholders to leverage supplier diversity procurement opportunities with Fortune 500 companies through trade missions
- Provide targeted support, market intelligence and key contacts via the Trade Commissioner Service network, available in +150 embassies and consulates world-wide
Registration is now open.
Download the 2012 edition.