Export USA Webinar On-Demand: Overview and Update on U.S. Export and Re-Export Controls with Focus on the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) - (January 11, 2012)
This Export USA Webinar is strongly suggested for all Canadian companies which are currently doing business in the U.S. defence/aerospace/security market or wish to do so.
Participants will be afforded an opportunity to receive a refresher on the U.S. export controls' regimes; an overview of the Obama Administration's proposed reforms; the recent ITAR 126.18 "Dual National/Third Country National Policies"; and the possible transfer of U.S. Munitions List Parts to "Commerce Military Control List".
Why should you participate? You will:
- Better understand the U.S. Munitions List and the intricacies of data and technology transfer.
- Know when you/your U.S. partner can use the ITAR Canadian Exemption 126.5.
- Learn under what circumstances export licences and /or Technical Assistance Agreements should be used.
- Understand recent changes regarding Dual Nationals.
- Be prepared for security enhancements within Controlled Goods Program.
The main presentation will be given by Mr. Gary Stanley, President, Global Legal Services, PC, a Washington, DC-based law firm focusing on trade compliance and other international business issues. Mr. Stanley represents, among others, numerous U.S., Canadian and European clients on defence export control issues. Mr. Richard Malloy, Trade Commissioner (Defence) at the Canadian Embassy, Washington, DC will be participating.
For additional information, please contact Marie-Pier Brunelle.
You may also be interested in our complete list of upcoming and on-demand webinars!