Export, Innovate, Invest - The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Canadian Trade Commissioner Service CTAs - Boston
Life Sciences, Information and Communication Technologies, Sustainable Technologies, Emerging Food Products
"As a result of the CTA@Boston, we increased sales with a visible pipeline of nearly $1million, made an estimated dozen legitimate business development leads, and gained a strategic partner. All connections and introductions started from connections from the Trade Commissioners at CTA@Boston."
- Ayogo Health Inc.
The Hub for Innovation
- Thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem: MassChallenge, Tech Stars, Corporate Innovation Centers, strong angel investment groups, a vibrant start-up community
- Over 100 universities including MIT, Harvard, Tufts and research institutions
- The 10 largest global pharmaceutical companies.
- Highest concentration of biotechnology companies in the world (600) and over 400 medical device companies
- Strong Tech cluster – EMC, Nuance, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM
- Massachusetts is a leader in clean energy and sustainable technologies
- Massachusetts is the #2 venture capital hub in the U.S.
What is CTA@Boston?
- 4-months of office space, services and access to events at the Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square and access to events
- Seats for up to two executives from your company
- Team mentors from the Canadian Mentoring Service
- Pitch Coach
- Member privileges at key industry associations
- Special workshops and service provider office hours
- Access to the Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England (www.TheCENE.org) network
- Weekly newsletter
Is it right for you?
Accelerator candidates are small to mid-sized Canadian companies from Life Sciences, ICT (including Green IT and Health IT), Robotics and Security technologies, and Emerging Food Product sectors.
Companies must demonstrate initial traction in the market, differentiated technology, and potential to grow the business by making connections in the Boston area.
The CTA@Boston team also runs the short in-market program “48hrs in the Hub.”
How to Apply: Application Form for CTA@Boston | To receive Call-for-applications for CTA@Boston and 48hrs in the Hub | For more information contact: Susan.Ahern@international.gc.ca |
September 22 - October 15 2015
January - April 2016
January 26 - February 11 2016
May - August 2016
** The CTA@Boston accepts companies three times per year and has three cohort start-dates per year. Entrepreneurs can request to start with a particular cohort, subject to availability of seats at the CTA.
- Date Modified: