Export, Innovate, Invest - The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
International Science and Technology Partnerships Program (ISTPP)
What is ISTPP?
The International Science & Technology Partnerships Program (ISTPP) fosters and supports bilateral research projects with high potential for commercialization between Canada and partner countries. It also stimulates bilateral science and technology networking and matchmaking activities to further new partnerships and accelerate the commercialization of research and development. The ISTPP is a “seed fund”, meaning that various other public and private sector participants are also encouraged to bring science and technology expertise and funds of their own to the bilateral relationship.
The objectives of the International Science and Technology Partnerships Program (ISTPP) are to:
- encourage domestic competitiveness through the transfer of technology and knowledge resulting from international science and technology partnerships;
- foster international science and technology partnerships and collaborative research;
- accelerate the commercialization of R&D that would benefit Canada, through international partnerships with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises;
- access international technologies for Canadian enterprises;
- promote Canadian R&D capacity and Canada as a destination for foreign technology-based investments;
- strengthen overall bilateral science and technology relations.
The results of the program include:
- leveraging the global networks critical to commercialization in international markets;
- accessing the world’s best facilities, equipment, talent and knowledge; and
- creating wealth from Canadian production of innovative goods and services through international linkages.
Information on how to get involved in the program will be available shortly.
For general ISTPP information, please contact:
Science, Technology and Innovation Division
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Date Modified: