Export, Innovate, Invest - The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
What we can do for you
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) will provide you with on-the-ground intelligence and practical advice on foreign markets to help you make better, more timely and cost-effective decisions in order to achieve your goals abroad.
…hands-on knowledge of international markets
- Our knowledge comes from helping thousands of companies each year tackle concrete problems and pursue opportunities in foreign markets.
- Through our presence in 161 cities worldwide, we gain market intelligence and insight, and uncover opportunities for Canadian companies.
- With offices across Canada, we can help companies prepare for international markets, right here at home.
…an unbeatable network of international business contacts
- We have privileged access to foreign governments, key business leaders and decision-makers because we are part of Canada’s embassies and consulates.
- Our business contacts include potential customers, distributors, sources of finance or investment, technology partners and intermediaries.
Services for Canadian companies and organizations
TCS services are offered free of charge to client companies and organizations.
If you are part of the Canadian business community, and contribute to Canada's economic growth, have a demonstrated capacity for internationalization and have good potential to add value to the Canadian economy, you can benefit from our services.
Meaningful economic ties include maintaining established offices, a subsidiary, a plant, a research and development establishment or a joint venture in Canada. A capacity for internationalization is reflected in having researched foreign markets, dedicated human and financial resources, and having a business plan. Increased economic activity benefitting Canada could be increased exports of Canadian-made products or services, technology transfer, new job creation, increased research and development activity or increased production in Canada.
We can help you successfully navigate the complexities of international markets, whether you're looking to:
- establish your company abroad,
- tackle a market access issue,
- pursue a joint-venture or strategic alliance,
- participate in global value chain
- seek technology and R&D partnerships.
Our Commitment to You
We take pride in the excellence of our service and will contact you within five working days of receiving your inquiry.
We understand the sensitivity of your business information and will hold it in the strictest possible confidence, outside of exceptional circumstances. However, certain information, including that related to the commission or possible commission of offences under Canadian law, may be disclosed to law enforcement or other authorities.
While business conditions may vary greatly from one market to the other, we do our utmost to tailor our services to your specific needs in each of the markets you are targeting taking into consideration your commitment to and your competitive advantage in each market.
If you have feedback on our services, please contact TCS Enquiries by phone at 1-888-306-9991 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Commitment to Us
It is imperative to us that companies we support do business within the law. For certain types of service, for which the TCS puts the Government of Canada's reputation on the line to advocate for a client, we require a signed Declaration Regarding Corruption. This attests that your company has not been charged, convicted or sanctioned for bribery or corruption, and will not engage in such illegal activities. If a company has had issues with bribery or corruption, it must disclose these in the Declaration. We will then assess and determine the level of service we can provide to your company. For information about the Declaration, please contact a trade commissioner.
Working with Partner Organizations
The Trade Commissioner Service works with partner organizations such as provincial or municipal governments or industry association that deliver programs and services to Canadian businesses. Learn more about how we can work together to support our common clients.
- Date Modified: