Export, Innovate, Invest - The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Canada-EU Information and Communications Technologies National Contact Point
As the Canada-EUICT National Contact Point (NCP) for Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) of the European Union's Horizon 2020 Funding Programme, our main goal is to ensure Canadians have the latest information to assist in fostering collaborative research, development and innovation partnerships.
We provide personalized help and advice to researchers and organizations interested in participating in EU proposals, disseminate up-to-date information on upcoming calls for proposals for collaborative research projects, information days, workshops, conferences, etc. organized by the European Commission and any other relevant communications.
In order to receive the latest information on collaborative opportunities in ICT research, development and innovation available, we encourage you to subscribe to our Canada-Europe ICT R&D mailing list.
SAVE THE DATE! October 20-22, 2015 - Lisbon, Portugal
The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation will launch Horizon 2020 (the financial instrument), January 2014 with the first call for proposals. Horizon 2020 will combine research and innovation funding currently provided through the Framework Programme (FP), the Competitiveness and Innovations Framework Program (CIP) and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). It will tackle societal challenges by helping to bridge the gap between research and the market by helping innovation enterprises to develop their technological breakthroughs into viable products with real commercial potential.
International cooperation will be an important cross-cutting priority of Horizon 2020, with being fully open to international participation.
For a more comprehensive overview of Horizon 2020, visit: ec.europa.eu/research/horizon2020/index_en.cfm
ICT Guide to Horizon 2020 (PDF version - 1.05 Mb)
ICT and Horizon 2020 Fact Sheet (PDF version - 13.54 Kb)
ICT in Horizon 2020 will support the development of ICT in science, ICT in industrial leadership and ICT in societal challenges. EU investments in ICTs are due to increase by 46% under Horizon 2020 compared to the current EU research programme (FP7). This is in line with the Commission's proposed increase in funding across all themes. This EU investment will support the riskier ICT research and innovation that can deliver new business breakthroughs, often on the basis of emerging technologies. In particular, Horizon 2020 will support the development of:
- A new generation of components and systems including micro/nano-electronics and photonics technologies, components and embedded systems engineering.
- Next generation computing, advanced computing systems and technologies.
- Infrastructures, technologies and services for the future Internet,
- Content technologies and information management, including ICT for digital content and creativity.
- Advanced interfaces and robots and Robotics and smart spaces
- Canada has an opportunity to partner as a participant under this program to assist in moving Canadian technology and expertise into the global economy. If you have any questions on how to participate, contact your Canadian ICT NCP – Debbie Kemp at Debbie.Kemp@international.gc.ca.
Ideal-ist is an international ICT partner search network, with more than 65,000 contacts in line with the international cooperation strategy of the European Commission. Today the Ideal-ist network consists of 70 ICT national partners from EU and Non-EU Countries, such as Associated States, Eastern European Partner Countries (EEPC) and Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPC) and emerging countries like China, Brazil, India, and South Africa, as well as third countries, such as Canada, in line with the international cooperation strategy of the European Commission.
Your global partner search and support network for your ICT projects reduces the barriers faced by organizations wishing to participate in the ICT program by offering transnational partner search capabilities. Provides a web-based platform thus making it the ideal tool for:
- joining ICT projects
- finding partners for your project idea
- finding services to support you in your ICT project
The Ideal-ist partner search benefits are:
- A proactive search capability seeking out potential partners, rather than simply storing them in a database, waiting to be discovered by an online user.
- Targeting the Strategic Objectives of the ICT Theme and is call-specific. It is supported by an Idealist representative who can help formulate the search and ensure that searches reach the correct types of organizations.
- Operates with specific vetted proposal ideas, rather than generally advertising research capability.
- Partner searchers are supervised and reviewed prior to being published by a highly qualified team in order to help achieve successful outcomes.
Canada is an Associate Partner of the Ideal-ist project which will enable researchers or organizations to submit a Partner Search directly to the network. It will assist in finding appropriate partners with the necessary skills and expertise to carry out project activities and achieve the expected results. As Canada’s ICT NCP and Ideal-ist partner, I will work with the Quality Control Team to provide feedback and expertise to ensure your project relates to the Current Call for Proposals.
Browse the web site: www.ideal-ist.net and join the Ideal-ist network.
For further information or if you have any questions, your Canada-EUICT NCP and Ideal-ist contact is:
Regional Contact Points (your provincial representative)
Research Support Program Coordinator
Ministry of Economics of Innovation and Exports
514-873-1767 | ext. 3243
Senior Policy Officer
Department of Economic Development
Government of Yukon
Corporate Strategist, International Commerce
Nova Scotia Intergovernmental Affairs
Alberta Innovation & Advanced Education
Emerging Technologies Industries
Alberta Innovation & Advanced Education
- Date Modified: