Canada-EU Information and Communications Technologies National Contact Point
As the Canada-EU ICT National Contact Point (NCP) for the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) portion of the European Union's 7th Framework Programme (FP7) our main goal is to ensure Canadians have the latest information to assist in fostering collaborative partnerships.
We provide personalized help and advice to researchers and organizations interested in participating in FP7 proposals, disseminate up to date information on upcoming calls for proposals for collaborative research projects, information days, workshops, conferences, etc. organized by the European Commission.
In order to receive up to date information on collaborative opportunities in ICT research & development available through FP7, subscribe to our Canada-Europe ICT R&D mailing list.
To subscribe, go to our registration page.
Ideal-ist is an international ICT partner search network, with more than 65,000 contacts in line with the international cooperation strategy of the European Commission. Today the Ideal-ist network consists of 70 ICT national partners from EU and Non-EU Countries, such as Associated States, Eastern European Partner Countries (EEPC) and Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPC) and emerging countries like China, Brazil, India, and South Africa, as well as third countries, such as Canada, in line with the international cooperation strategy of the European Commission.
Your global partner search and support network for your ICT projects reduces the barriers faced by organizations wishing to participate in the ICT program by offering transnational partner search capabilities. Provides a web-based platform thus making it the ideal tool for:
- joining ICT projects
- finding partners for your project idea
- finding services to support you in your ICT project
The Ideal-ist partner search benefits are:
- A proactive search capability seeking out potential partners, rather than simply storing them in a database, waiting to be discovered by an online user.
- Targeting the Strategic Objectives of the ICT Theme and is call-specific. It is supported by an Idealist representative who can help formulate the search and ensure that searches reach the correct types of organizations.
- Operates with specific vetted proposal ideas, rather than generally advertising research capability.
- Partner searchers are supervised and reviewed prior to being published by a highly qualified team in order to help achieve successful outcomes.
Canada is an Associate Partner of the Ideal-ist project which will enable researchers or organizations to submit a Partner Search directly to the network. It will assist in finding appropriate partners with the necessary skills and expertise to carry out project activities and achieve the expected results. As Canada’s ICT NCP and Ideal-ist partner, I will work with the Quality Control Team to provide feedback and expertise to ensure your project relates to the Current Call for Proposals.
Browse the web site: www.ideal-ist.net and join the Ideal-ist network.
For further information or if you have any questions, your Canada-EU ICT NCP and Ideal-ist contact is: