Avalon air show
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: February 28 to March 3, 2023
Venue: Avalon airfield / airport
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Target Audience: Canadian aerospace and space companies.
The Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition is one of Asia-Pacific's most prestigious aviation and aerospace events and the most comprehensive aviation, aerospace and defence exposition in the southern hemisphere.
Avalon hosts multiple concurrent conferences and expo streams, across the spectrum of:
- Business and General Aviation
- Sport and Recreational Aviation
- Maintenance, repair and operations (MRO)
- Unmanned Systems
- Air Safety
- Ground Equipment
The Trade Commissioner Service in Canberra, Australia is recruiting Canadian aerospace and space companies to attend the Avalon air show and participate in a business-to-business (B2B) program focusing on primes and/or partnering with companies to sell into Defence.
The program will consist of:
- A half day briefing session program on doing business in the region across aerospace and space civil and defence sectors
- Individual and group business to business meetings
- Industry site visits
- Daily access to the tradeshow floor
Our goal is to:
- enhance the level of knowledge and understanding of the Australian market to Canadian companies
- introduce Canadian aerospace and space companies to potential industrial and government buyers
- increase commercial opportunities for their products and or services
Please note we are also working closely with our colleagues in New Zealand. The intent is to identify opportunities for Canadian companies across both countries.
Register to attend:
- Contact Bev Wilson (Beverley.Wilson@international.gc.ca) to express your interest
- Once we receive your information, we will be in contact with more details
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Meet key regulatory bodies
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Product pitch to select audiences
- Site visits
Acting Trade Commissioner, Danielle Sharkey, Danielle.Sharkey@international.gc.ca, covers aerospace, defence, and security for Australia. She can provide information on this sector and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organisations.
- Date Modified: