New online tool helps make trade with APEC economies easier
Are you looking to export to one of APEC’s member economies1? If so, in 2015, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum launched the APEC Trade Repository (APECTR), an online reference tool on APEC member economies' trade and tariff regimes.
This portal provides businesses with links to information related to navigating cross-border trade. This material will help companies to learn more about the requirements and procedures associated with doing business in different APEC economies and aims to reduce the amount of time and costs related to international trade.
The APECTR contains links to information on:
- preferential tariffs offered;
- rules of origin applied under Free Trade Agreements and Regional Trade Agreements entered into by APEC members
- most favoured nation tariffs;
- best practices in trade facilitation, including advance rulings on good’s tariff classification, origin of the good, and the appropriate method or criteria to be used for determining the customs value;
- other trade measures, such as sanitary and phyto-sanitary measures, technical barriers to trade, and import licensing procedures;
- domestic trade and customs laws and rules;
- procedures and documentary requirements, including general importation/exportation procedures and regulated commodities;
- authorised economic operators and
- mutual recognition agreements.
Visit the APECTR today.
Also, send us an email to let us know if you find this tool to be useful and if you would like to see other resources made available.
1 Member Economies are: Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States and Vietnam.
- Date Modified: