China Food and Drinks Fair (CFDF) 2020
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: March 26-June 30, 2020
Venue: 12-13A 002T, Chengdu Western China International Expo City
Location: Chengdu, China
Target Audience: Wine, spirits, and beer importers and distributors
Sector: Agriculture and processed foods
Canada Pavilion wants you!
CFDF is a national level annual trading fair that has been running since 1955, and is considered as the largest and most influential trade fair in China's food and alcohol industry. CFDF is held every March in Chengdu, with another stop in another city in the fall. CFDF attracts over 4,000 companies from 20 countries and is attended by over 400,000 visitors with more than half of the participants traveling from the East, North and South parts of China. The fair has exhibition halls focusing on wine and spirits, Chinese liquor, food, beverage, seasoning, food machinery and packaging.
China imports as much as USD1.48 billion in wine per year, an increase of 15.5% year-on-year. This trend is expected to increase as China’s growing middle class grows, along with a rise in disposal income.
The Government of Canada first organized a Canada Pavilion at CFDF Spring Fair in 2015. The initiative was a tremendous success in helping to enhance market awareness of Canadian wines, beer and spirits, and to promote the Canada brand, receiving positive feedback from exhibiting partners and pavilion visitors. The Canada Pavilion at CFDF continues to be a cost-effective trade platform to promote Canadian wine, beer and spirits.
We are currently considering various value-added activities, such as a Canada Pavilion Opening Ceremony and Media Session, on-site B2B matchmaking, and a networking reception.
The Government of Canada invites you to attend CFDF in 2020!
- Please contact Ms.Coco Wen (email@example.com) to secure and application form and your space. For all local distributing agents and trading houses who wish to exhibit as part of the Canadian Pavilion, please also submit your mandate letters from the Canadian wineries, breweries or spirits producers that you represent. Please note that we will NOT consider participation requests without mandate letters.
- (Canada Pavilion number: 12-13A 002T) for the Canada Pavilion this year.)
Ms. Coco WEN
Canada Consulate General in Chongqing
Ms. Xueli ZENG
Chengdu Zhongxi Culture Communication Co., Ltd.
Tel: +86 138 8050 0466
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in networking events
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Networking event
The Trade Commissioner, Coco Wen (firstname.lastname@example.org) specializes in the agri-food sector for the South-West China market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
The Trade Commissioners active on the following markets will be present at the event, and will be able to inform you on business opportunities on their markets.
Please contact them to make an appointment:
- Leah Liu (Leah.Liu@international.gc.ca) for East China market
- Sophia Yuan (email@example.com) for North China market
- Minster Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) for South China market
Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: