Canadian E-Commerce Accelerator for China
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: June 14-July 30, 2021
Location: Nation-wide, China
Target Audience: Canadian SMEs looking to grow their business in China via E-commerce. Must have traction in the Canadian market, a committed management team, potential to scale and IP registration (or willingness to register).
Sector: Agriculture and processed foods, Consumer products, Fish and seafood, Information and communications technologies, Life sciences, Wine, beer and spirits
The Canadian E-Commerce Accelerator for China is a 7-week pilot program that aims to prepare high potential Canadian SMEs to further their business strategy to position and sell their products through e-commerce in China.
Participants will receive:
- A deeper understanding of opportunities and market considerations/risks when entering China through ecommerce, including IP and regulatory.
- Insight from Canadian and Chinese experts, along with SMEs that are already navigating the market.
- A customized market assessment.
- An opportunity to pitch their brand to China market specialists.
To request an application form, contact the Regional Office of Alberta and the Northwest Territories ( Alberta.TCS-SDC@international.gc.ca).
The accelerator application deadline is May 23rd.
Register to attend
- Register now for the informational webinar on May 6th at 5pm MDT.
- Contact (Shannon Hucker, e-mail) to participate in the [TCS programming] component.
Why your organization should participate:
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in networking events
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive mentoring and coaching
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Product pitch to select audiences
Trade Commissioner, Shannon Hucker (email), specializes in the e-commerce sector out of our Alberta and NWT Regional Office. Please contact her for more information on this initiative.
Export ready Canadian companies can contact: email@example.com for more information on the China market. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: