Market overview – Honduras
If you want explore opportunities in Honduras the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) will help you with practical advice and on-the-ground intelligence to better asses this market.
Key facts about the Honduran market
- Honduras has maintained diplomatic relations with Canada since 1961
- Honduras ranked 133rd in The World Bank’s ease of doing business index in 2019
- GDP stood at $28.8 billion in 2018 (IMF figures)
- Honduras subscribed a bilateral trade agreement with Canada which entered into force on October 01, 2014
Trade between Honduras and Canada
- Bilateral merchandise trade reached $496 million in 2019
- Merchandise exports from Canada to Honduras totalled $33 million in 2019
- Imports from Honduras totalled $ 463 million in 2019
Priority Sectors active in the market
- Agriculture & Processed Foods
- Information and Communication Technology
- Infrastructure, Building Products and Services
Secretary of State for Economic Development - Honduras (in spanish only)
Provides information on Honduran's trade and investment policies, status of the free trade agreements and trade statistics.
Canada – Honduras Free Trade Agreement (In force)
Information on Canada - Honduras Free Trade Agreement.
Contact a trade commissioner
Get help with export advice and guidance to help you achieve your international business goals. Our trade commissioners can provide you with key business insights and access to an unbeatable network of international contacts.
Contact our team – Embassy of Canada in Costa Rica
- Date Modified: