Canadian Technology Accelerator Cleantech – United States
Applications are now closed
The Trade Commissioner Service is recruiting Canada’s most innovative cleantech companies for the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Cleantech Program in the United States. This program provides access to extensive market intelligence as well as curated access to potential investors, customers and strategic partners, sector experts and innovation ecosystems within the four most vibrant U.S. cleantech markets (New York, San Francisco, Boston and Denver).
We are here to help you expand your operations in international markets and will continue doing so during these challenging times. Due to travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually.
Who should apply
The cleantech definition is broad and includes a wide range of technologies, Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations should consider applying.
The program is seeking companies that:
- are looking to raise a seed or series A round of funding either currently or within the next 12 months
- have a differentiated technology and protected intellectual property
- have market traction through existing sales or investment in Canada or in the United States
- have a large addressable market and well-thought-out approach to capturing that market
- have a strong management team
- have a CEO (or founder) able to participate in the in-market programs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City and Boston and the preparatory work to capitalize on these opportunities
What we offer
As part of the CTA cleantech in the U.S., participating companies will receive the following:
- Up to four mentors/sector experts with wide-ranging industry experience that will help you prepare to scale your business and attract customers and investors in the U.S. and worldwide
- Individual deep dive by the Cleantech Trade Commissioners in San Francisco and New York to identify areas where market barriers can be reduced to promote exporting your technology or raising funds in the U.S.
- Preliminary acceptance into the 2020 Cleantech Open (CTO) Accelerator Program for all CTA cohort members that meet the CTO entrance criteria
- Pitch directly to the researchers at National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), with up to three cohort companies receiving 40 hours of lab time for use with third-party validation or technical problem solving completely free
- Opportunities to pitch to U.S.-based investors and buyers
- Review and edits to your pitch deck by an experienced graphic designer
The CTA cleantech program in the United States will start virtual programming in June 2020.
The program is expected to culminate with a 10-day in-market* visit featuring in-person introductions to prominent local cleantech stakeholders. It is delivered at no cost to Canadian companies, beyond their individual travel costs.
We are planning in-market visits to:
- New York
- San Francisco
*Due to current travel restrictions, the participation to the in-market CTA programming remains to be confirmed.
I would highly recommend the CTA experience. The Trade Commissioner Service has helped Terramera open many doors that have led to key relationships that have benefited our company and our success.
- Date Modified: