United States Climatetech - Canadian Technology Accelerators
Do you want to grow your climatetech business in the United States (U.S.)? There is a significant demand for climatetech solutions in the U.S. now, driven by both policy and market forces. The Canadian Technology Accelerator for climatetech will help you find venture investors and customers for your solution in the four largest climatetech markets in the U.S.: New York, San Francisco, Boston and Denver.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Applications status|
|April 30, 2021 (23:59 PST)||June 1 to October 29, 2021||Open|
Who should apply
We are seeking innovative Canadian climatetech companies who:
- are looking to raise a seed or series A round of funding either currently or within the next 12 months
- have a differentiated technology
- have market traction through existing sales or investment in Canada or in the U.S.
- have a strong, passionate and committed team with specific market-entry goals
We use a broad definition of climatetech and are interested in working with a wide range of technologies, in particular those that mitigate the impacts of climate change, drive efficiency or reduce a sector’s carbon impact.
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity and diversity in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What we offer
Upon acceptance, your business will benefit from:
- curated introductions to prominent U.S. climatetech venture capitalists (VCs), angel investors, family offices, corporate strategics, and other potential investors, partners and customers
- brokered introductions to sector exports and key players in four vibrant U.S. climatetech markets
- opportunities to pitch to U.S.-based investors and buyers
- extensive background intelligence on local markets including:
- regulatory environments
- customer acquisition
- investor attraction
- access to dedicated sector experts who will help with targeted introductions and other program initiatives
- review and edits to your pitch deck by an experienced graphic designer
This program will begin in June 2021 and will take between 2 to 3 hours per week. You will have access to customized support including:
- matching with a mentor and/or sector expert with wide-ranging industry experience that will help you prepare to scale your business and attract customers and investors in the U.S. and worldwide
- individual deep dive sessions by the Cleantech trade commissioners in New York and San Francisco to identify areas where market barriers can be reduced to promote exporting your technology or raising funds in the U.S.
- an opportunity to pitch directly to the researchers with up to three cohort companies receiving 40 hours of free lab time for use with third-party validation or technical problem solving
- preliminary acceptance into the 2021 CleanTech Open (CTO) Accelerator Program for all CTA cohort members that meet the CTO entrance criteria
The program will culminate in virtual or in-person engagement with leading climatetech players in all four markets. This non-equity program is at no cost to Canadian companies beyond any individual travel costs they incur.
Following the guidelines for COVID-19, we will continue to reassess any in-person attendance for the CTA Climatetech in the U.S. However, if a visit to the U.S. is possible, founders should plan to spend a minimum of 10 days in the country.
|Apply now||What you need to apply|
What you will gain
You will gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities for your technology in the four markets and in the U.S. You will have the opportunity to start initial conversations with potential clients, partners and investors.
Learn more about CTA Climatetech by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator New York - Climatetech
For general inquiries on the CTA program, please contact the CTA Coordination Team.
Learn about other CTA programs with a similar focus:
Cleantech - Southeast Asia
Smart Cities - Mexico
- Date Modified: