Japan digital technologies – Canadian Technology Accelerator
Are you looking to grow your technology business in Japan but don’t know where to start? Japan is the world's third-largest economy and is home to hundreds of multinational enterprises. It has a world-renowned manufacturing base and is well-regarded as a global technology and innovation leader. This makes it an ideal partner for Canadian technology companies looking for large corporate clients, strategic partnerships and/or funding. As digital transformation and open innovation take hold, Japan’s appetite for outside technologies, new ideas and foreign startups has never been greater.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) global business development program will help Canadian companies new to the Japanese market gain the knowledge and connections needed to fast-track market entry in Japan.
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually. In-market program will resume based on advice from public health agencies once travel restrictions are lifted.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Applications status|
|February 19, 2021, 23:59 PST||March 1, 2021- June 30, 2021||Open|
Who should apply
We are seeking fast-growing Canadian technology companies in the following areas:
- smart manufacturing
- logistics and supply chain
- enterprise solutions, particularly digitalization and productivity solutions
- property tech
We are seeking Canadian innovators who have:
- revenue-generating businesses with a fully-built, export-ready validated technology
- a passionate and committed team with Japan market-entry goals
- sufficient resources to target and achieve market growth
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equality and diversity in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What we offer
You will have access to:
- in-depth workshops on market dynamics, business culture, and market-entry strategy to better prepare you for doing business in Japan
- market insight webinars on business opportunities in Japan
- mentorship and advice on engaging with and pitching to key contacts in Japan
- strategic networking and pitching opportunities
- tailored business development support and introductions to potential buyers, investors and strategic partners
The program will offer customized virtual support from March to June 2021, including a mandatory on-boarding and orientation session. This CTA brings together a maximum of eight companies who will participate in one-on-one and group sessions.
What you will gain
You will gain:
- a deeper understanding of the commercial opportunities for your technology in the market
- guidance on entering and navigating the Japanese market
- potential investment, pilot projects, partnerships and long-term sales in Japan
- the opportunity to present to and get noticed by potential buyers, strategic partners and investors
Learn more about the CTA in Japan by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator Japan
For general inquiries on the CTA program, please contact the CTA Coordination Team
- Date Modified: