United Kingdom Enterprise Software - Canadian Technology Accelerator
Technology businesses are at the heart of the United Kingdom (U.K.) economy with a turnover of $312.8 billion while sustaining 1.6 million jobs. So far, in 2022, the U.K. government technology sector spent over $2.5 billion in enterprise software systems. With 30 significant clusters across the U.K., there are qualified opportunities for Canadian exporters, especially for innovations in the enterprise software segment. Take advantage of these opportunities to scale up your business by joining the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) in the U.K.!
|December 14, 2022 at 11:59 pm PT||February to April/May 2023||About 4 hours per week|
What are the benefits of joining?
Upon acceptance to the Enterprise Software CTA in the U.K., your company will access:
- market briefings on doing business in the U.K.
- business intelligence and strategic guidance on entering the U.K. market
- mentoring to refine your value proposition to the U.K.
- connections to key leaders from industry, academia and government in the U.K.
- potential investment, innovation partnerships and sales in the U.K.
Successful applicants may also have the opportunity to participate in additional CTA programming in the Irish market. Ireland is the only common law, English-speaking country in the European Union (E.U.), and is an attractive base for Canadian companies wanting to access the European market.
Who should apply
We are looking for high-potential, high-growth innovative Canadian companies with technology in:
- software as a service
- mobile broadband network technologies (5G)
- cloud computing applications and technologies
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Big Data
Your company must have:
- a revenue-generating business with a fully-built and validated technology
- a passionate and strong management team that can commit to participate in the entire program
- a clear strategy, specific goals and sufficient resources to enter the U.K. market
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity, diversity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds to apply.
What you need to apply
How the program works
The Enterprise Software CTA in the U.K. will be a 12 to 16-week hybrid program beginning in February 2023, with most of the program taking place virtually. It will include:
- on-boarding: introductions to the CTA supporting team, program partners and fellow cohort members
- needs assessment: analysis of the company’s current status and knowledge base in the U.K. market, as well as program goals
- in-depth, tailored market briefings, mentor match-making and coaching workshops
- in-market event in London, with networking and business-to-business (B2B) opportunities with potential partners, customers, investors and other key stakeholders
“A big thank you to all folks at [the Trade Commissioner Service] TCS for their great work organizing, guiding and supporting during this program, it is very much appreciated!” – Mike Andrews, Liveable Cities (on the first U.K. CTA program delivered in 2022)
“It was one of the finest programs in the recent times. Well planned and thought through.” – Prateek Saxena, Hygge (on the first U.K. CTA program delivered in 2022)
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Manager, Canadian Technology Accelerator
High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom
- Date Modified: