Taipei digital health and MedTech - Canadian Technology Accelerator
Looking for new opportunities to scale up your digital health or MedTech company?
Taiwan is a leader in critical technologies and is a strategic entry-point to Asia. The region’s clusters of healthcare innovators and an established venture capitalist network creates opportunities for Canadian companies.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) global business development program will help introduce you to this market.
Companies looking to join the Digital Health & Medtech cohort, please consider applying to the Digital Cohort before February 24, 2021.
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually. In-market programming will resume based on advice from public health agencies once travel restrictions are lifted.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Applications status|
Applications will re-open in August 2021.
|November 2020 to June 2021||Closed|
Who should apply
Canadian digital health or MedTech companies. Companies must be in the scale-up, business development or investment-raising stage and have:
- innovative and unique minimum viable product(s) or technology with potential for growth
- existing market traction – ideally companies that already have successful use cases in North America, Europe or Asia
- specific goals and a clear strategy to enter Asia
- an experienced, passionate and strong executive team, with at least one senior member able to commit to the entire program
We are looking for leading edge Medtech in areas including:
- artificial intelligence
- diagnostics, monitoring and examination
- rehabilitation and therapeutics
- data analytics
- healthcare system efficiencies
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) supports equality and diversity in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What we offer
You will have access to:
- potential pilot projects, partnerships, and investments and sales in Taiwan and Asia
- entrance into databases showcasing your company’s capabilities to a targeted audience of partners and local stakeholders
- introductions to potential buyers, strategic partners and investors and the opportunity to present your company
The program is customized for each company. It will take place virtually from November 2020 to June 2021. However, if travel restrictions ease, there will be opportunities for in-person meetings. The program is approximately two hours per week.
Virtual meetings and sessions include:
- an orientation call
- market insight webinars of opportunities in Taipei
- tailored business development support
- market-entry strategy workshop
- participation in InnoVEX/Healthcare+ Expo Taiwan
- pitch competition
- networking and speaking opportunities
- business-to-business meetings
- tailored guidance and mentorship from sector experts
What you will gain
- a deeper understanding of the opportunities for your technology in Taipei and Asia
- initial conversations with potential clients, partners and investors
Learn more about the CTA in Taipei by contacting Judy Chen (Judy.Chen@international.gc.ca),Trade Commissioner, Canadian Technology Accelerator Taipei
For general inquiries please contact the CTA Coordination Team.
- Date Modified: