Canadian Technology Accelerator – San Francisco
Impact of COVID-19 outbreak on Canadian Technology Accelerator participants
We are here to help you expand your operations in international markets and will continue to do so during these challenging times. Due to travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually. The decision to resume in-market programming will be based on:
- Canada’s domestic and international travel advisories
- Advice from public health agencies
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) for Health is an intensive program run by the Consulate General of Canada in San Francisco. It offers Canadian companies strategic guidance and resources to help expand their business in the United States through Northern California.
CTA Health uses a broad definition of health and life sciences, and is interested in working with a wide range of teams that are addressing unmet medical needs.
The program helps high-potential companies in areas that include:
- digital health
- drug discovery
- medical devices
- precision medicine
Why San Francisco/Silicon Valley?
The San Francisco CTA Health program immerses Canadian entrepreneurs in one of the most important clusters of life science innovation and the venture capital ecosystem of Silicon Valley.
What we offer
CTA Health takes a customized approach to support entrepreneurs advance their commercialization goals and access local opportunities through a combined virtual and in-market program that includes:
- Tailored guidance delivered virtually from experienced mentor teams built around company-specific issues
- regulatory and reimbursement pathways, accessing finance, and corporate negotiating strategy.
- Connections to local venture capitalists and potential partners
- major healthcare providers and research centers such as Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health and UCSF, corporates such as Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Merck, Genentech, and KOLs like Rock Health and Verily.
- In-market innovation days in San Francisco – Silicon Valley
- Strategic business intelligence, advice, and training to better engage with the local market.
In response to COVID-19, the CTA Health 2020 program will be run virtually, including all:
- advisory meetings
- opening and closing events.
As opportunities to visit the Bay Area and meet in person may become possible, the CTA Health closing showcase will be re-evaluated on a continual basis.
Who should apply
CTA Health is looking for growth-stage companies:
- with a minimum proof of concept and clear strategy for accessing the Bay Area market
- seeking venture capital [post-seed – series A] or alternative financing, partnerships, and customers within the next 12 months
- with a CEO or founder committed and able to participate in virtual advisory meetings and preparatory work, as well as in all virtual kickoff and closing programming.
Applications are now closed.
August onboarding with program to run September to December 2020.
For more information contact Iraina.Miles@international.gc.ca
"CTA was a great program. The mentors in CTA were directly related to the business and contributed to our business strategy. We got introductions to potential partnerships investors that will secure the long-term viability of our business. I will be recommending this program to other Canadian companies in the future." — Serenity Bioworks Inc.
“While working at the CTA in San Francisco we built countless relationships that have led to numerous strategic partnerships, including an excellent partnership with a major consultancy. We will continue to maintain a presence in-market as we work toward raising funding and continue to foster ongoing relationships with partners.” — Affinio Inc.
- Date Modified: