Canadian Technology Accelerator Digital — Silicon Valley
Impact of COVID-19 outbreak on Canadian Technology Accelerator participants
We are here to help you expand your operations in international markets and will continue to do so during these challenging times. Due to travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually. The decision to resume in-market programming will be based on:
- Canada’s domestic and international travel advisories
- Advice from public health agencies
The Canadian Technology Accelerator is a business development program that helps early stage Canadian technology (ICT) startups and SMEs with access to the unique resources of Silicon Valley to achieve business objectives such as acquiring clients, establishing strategic partnerships and fundraising from Silicon Valley investors.
How it works
To participate in the Silicon Valley CTA, company executives (CEO, founders, VP business development) must apply through a competitive process.
The program does not take equity and does not invest directly into the participating companies. However, it does facilitate introductions to Silicon Valley's investor community and helps founders prepare for such meetings.
There is no fee to apply for the program.
Why Silicon Valley
The San Francisco and Silicon Valley region is the leading global hub for technology, venture capital and entrepreneurship.
The area is the home to many of the world's largest high-tech corporations, including the FAANG - Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Alphabet and thousands of start-ups.
The Silicon Valley CTA program provides an entry point to qualified Canadian technology firms seeking funding, partnerships and business development services.
What we offer
The CTA Silicon Valley Digital program provides high-potential Canadian companies with a wide variety of services to help them grow at scale.
The program includes:
- Access to virtual workshops and 1-on-1 advisory services
- One week in-market programming including participation at a major tech event
- Business development and venture support from partners and industry leaders
- Matchmaking B2B meetings with clients, partners and venture capitals (VCs)
- Networking opportunities with like-minded Silicon Valley entrepreneurs
- And much more!
Who should apply
The program seeks participation from Canada based early-stage tech startups with a solid team, an MVP, and good traction that are building disruptive tech products applied to 5 verticals (or sub-sectors): Education (EdTech), Finance (FinTech), Logistics & Supply Chain (Logistics Tech), Property Management (PropTech), and Retail Tech. Ideally, applicants will already have prior funding raised (Post-Seed) and be preparing to raise a series A round of funding at the moment of applying for the program.
Technologies of interest include:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML): core algorithms, recognition technologies, service platforms;
- Virtual reality/augmented reality / mixed reality;
- Drones and Robotics: structural and embedded technologies, control systems, management platforms
- Sensors and loT: sensing hardware, middleware, connectivity
Applicants should meet most, or potentially all of the following criteria:
- revenue-generating business
- experienced and passionate executive team
- a fully-built and validated product with a differentiated technology
- specific goals and a clear strategy to enter Silicon Valley
- financial resources for time spent in-market
If a startup has been bootstrapped but the rest of the criteria have been met, it can still qualify.
CTA Digital Enterprise Spring 2021
Program details to be announced Fall 2020
For more information, please contact the Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to participate
Applications for Summer 2020 Digital Disrupted program are now closed.
Applications for Spring 2021 Digital Enterprise to be announced Fall 2020.
“The CTA program provides a great platform for Canadian companies to be introduced into the valley. The CTA team and attending the Silicon Valley cohort helped to open new doors and create a network for us in the valley.” - Humera Malik, CEO of Canvass Analytics.
“The CTA program is offering startups the chance to meet and network with the best in the SV ecosystem. The CTA team is offering timely advice... and tips on how we need to navigate through the maze of opportunity. Startups need to understand they need to work to make these opportunities into leads.&rdquo – Sagar Jha, Business Development Manager, Metamaterial Technologies Inc.
- Date Modified: