Silicon Valley digital – Canadian Technology Accelerator
We are here to help you expand your operations in international markets and will continue doing so during these challenging times. Due to travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually.
Are you looking to scale your technology business? The San Francisco and Silicon Valley region is the leading global hub for technology, venture capital and entrepreneurship. Canadian tech start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises can achieve their business objectives and capitalize on opportunities by accessing the unique resources of the Silicon Valley. The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program in Silicon Valley provides an entry point to qualified firms seeking funding, partnerships and business development services.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|March 30, 2022 (23:59 pm PT)||May 2 to June 29, 2022||3 to 5 hours per week|
Who should apply
We are seeking 8 early-stage high-growth Canadian tech start-ups that are looking to expand in the Silicon Valley ecosystem. Companies from all sectors are encouraged to apply.
We would like to work with start-ups that have:
- successfully raised a pre-seed or seed funding from an institutional investor in Canada
- a business model that currently generates monthly or annual recurring revenue
- plans to raise funding (seed or series A) in the next 6 months
- a passionate and strong founding team with the ability to execute quickly
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) supports diversity, equity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What we offer your business
This program will offer selected companies with access to:
- group sessions on a wide variety of topics related to fundraising in the Silicon Valley and the United States (U.S.)
- one-on-one office hours with a curated team of advisors / mentors
- tailored support from the TCS
- virtual networking events with industry partners and local professionals and founders
- participation at Demo Day, an opportunity to pitch to curated panel of local venture capitalists
This program will offer virtual supports for about 3 to 5 hours per week starting May 2, 2022. Companies will participate in:
- welcome orientation sessions
- team mentorship sessions
- strategic networking events
- tailored business development support sessions
What you will gain
You will gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities for your technology in Silicon Valley and will also receive strategic business advice. You will have the opportunity to present your technology to potential clients, partners and investors.
“Having been part of several programs, this one is the best by far because of the relevancy of the content and the credibility of the participants. It seems the program has been carefully curated to only include actionable and real-life material, delivered from former entrepreneurs who have been in the trenches.” Jonathan Borduas, CEO Shapeshift 3D
“Simply put, the CTA experience gave us access to experts with the know how and expertise to succeed.” Jean Le Bouthillier, CEO & Founder at QoHash
Successfully raised a $8M Series A funding 3-months after participating in the CTA program.
Learn more about the CTA in Silicon Valley by contacting:
Accelerator - Silicon Valley
For general inquiries on the CTA program, please contact the CTA Coordination Team.
- Date Modified: