Silicon Valley digital – Canadian Technology Accelerator
Are you looking to scale your technology business? The San Francisco and Silicon Valley region is the leading global hub for technology, venture capital and entrepreneurship.
Canadian tech start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises can achieve their business objectives and capitalize on opportunities by accessing the unique resources of the Silicon Valley.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program in Silicon Valley provides an entry point to qualified firms seeking funding, partnerships and business development services.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|September 28, 2022 (23:59 pm PT)||November 1 to December 16, 2022||3 to 5 hours per week|
What are the benefits of joining?
The CTA Digital Silicon Valley Fall 2022 will provide you with the tools to help you:
- validate your product market fit, business model and global scale potential
- accelerate your growth while reducing risk, time and cost to market
- focus on storytelling and pitching your value proposition
- mentoring from world-class mentors
- expand your perspective by being challenged on everything
- learn how to attract customers, partners and investors in the Silicon Valley
- strengthen your network and build valuable relationships
Who should apply
We are seeking 8 early-stage high-growth Canadian tech start-ups that are looking to expand in the Silicon Valley ecosystem. Companies from all sectors are encouraged to apply.
Your company must have:
- successfully raised a pre-seed or seed funding from an institutional investor in Canada;
- a business model that currently generates monthly or annual recurring revenue;
- plans to raise funding (seed or series A) in the next 6 months;
- a passionate and strong founding team with the ability to execute quickly;
- the ability to travel to San Francisco for Demo Week (February 2023)
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) supports diversity, equity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
How the program works
The 8-week program will offer virtual support for about 3 to 5 hours per week. Selected companies will participate in:
- welcome orientation sessions
- 1-on-1 mentorship sessions
- roundtables with cohort
- strategic networking events
- fireside chats with local experts
- tailored business development support sessions
- in-person participation at Demo Week (February 2023) and pitch to a curated panel of local venture capitalists and industry experts
“Having been part of several programs, this one is the best by far because of the relevancy of the content and the credibility of the participants. It seems the program has been carefully curated to only include actionable and real-life material, delivered from former entrepreneurs who have been in the trenches.” Jonathan Borduas, CEO Shapeshift 3D (Spring 2020)
“Simply put, the CTA experience gave us access to experts with the know how and expertise to succeed.” Jean Le Bouthillier, CEO & Founder at QoHash (Spring 2020)
(Successfully raised a $8M Series A funding 3-months after participating in the CTA program.)
Most recent successes:
- Carbide (formerly known as Securicy) - CTA Alumni Fall 2019 raises $5 Million Ahead Of Major Rebrand
- Qohash - CTA Spring 2020 raises $8M in Series A Funding
- iRestify - CTA Spring 2021 closes $6M to bring building US
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator - Silicon Valley
- Date Modified: