Hong Kong sustainability tech
Due to growing awareness globally to limit climate change and reduce waste for the long-term livability of our planet and future generations, there is increased pressure from Government, civil society, and consumers on corporations to be responsible stakeholders. This is a pathway to net zero and becoming more sustainable.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program in Hong Kong aims to help Canadian Sustainable Tech businesses navigate the market and to connect with potential partners, buyers, and investors.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|Closed||September 2023 to January 2024||About 30 minutes per week|
What are the benefits of joining?
The Hong Kong CTA gives you:
- Exposure at Re-think, the largest sustainability conference and tradeshow in Hong Kong
- Market briefings on doing business in Hong Kong.
- Expert sharing from corporates and investors on their sustainability needs
- Access to local corporate buyers and investors
- Opportunity to pitch in front of Corporate buyers and investors in Hong Kong.
Who should apply
We are looking for high-potential Canadian sustainable technologies that can help companies and industries decarbonize and reduce waste. Companies must be interested in expanding into Asia with their end users being:
- Property developers/construction companies
- Transportation (auto/air/maritime)
- Food and beverage
- Financial services
Types of technologies could include:
- Green building technologies, workplace safety technologies
- Energy management, battery storage, smart grid, carbon capture
- Solutions to help reduce kitchen waste, water leak detections sensors
- Alternative dyes, sustainable fabrics, supply chain visibility software
- Low carbon fuels
- Biodegradable plastics and utensils, alternative meats
- Green packaging
- Climate risk assessment software
Companies should have either:
- raised a round of funding from institutional investors
- existing market traction – ideally companies that already have sold to customers in North America or Europe
- senior management who can commit to participating in the entire program
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity, diversity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds to apply.
What you need to apply
How the program works
The CTA program will be online and in person, while highly recommending the company to be present in HK during the Re-Think Conference (September 14th to 15th, 2023) to make the most out of business development and investment opportunities.
- virtual market insights webinars every two weeks
- targeted business-to-business (B2B) meetings and networking opportunities with potential local partners, investors and clients
*Program subjected to last minute changes
September 2023 – Onboarding, introduction and Re-Think conference
- Week 1: Market briefing of the Sustainability Sector in HK by the Trade Commissioner Service.
- Week 3: Attend the Re-think Conference (in-person)/pitch day in front of Corporates and Investors.
October 2023 – Conversation with Corporates Leaders in Sustainability
- Week 1: Sino Group (20 min presentation, with 10 min Q&A)
- Week 3: New World Group (20 min presentation, with 10 min Q&A)
November 2023 – Conversation with Sustainability Investors
- Week 2: MTR Lab (20 min presentation, with 10 min Q&A)
- Week 4: Undivided Ventures (20 min presentation, with 10 min Q&A)
December 2023 – Conversation with Sustainability Investors
- Week 1: HSBC (20 min presentation, with 10 min Q&A)
- Week 2: The Mills (20 min presentation, with 10 min Q&A)
- Break for Christmas and New Year’s Holidays
January 2024 – Wrap up
B2Bs will occur in-between the program.
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator – Hong Kong
Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service
- Date Modified: