Taipei healthcare technology - Canadian Technology Accelerator
Are you looking for new opportunities to scale up your digital health or medical technology company? Taiwan is a leader in many critical technologies and is a strategic entry-point to Asia. The region’s clusters of healthcare innovators and established venture capitalist network create opportunities for Canadian companies. The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) business development program can help you foster strategic partnerships, tap into the Taiwanese healthcare industry, validate your technology, and expand to Taiwan and Asia.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|November 2022 to February 2023||1 hour per week|
What are the benefits of joining?
Graduates of this CTA will walk away with a deeper understanding of the opportunities for their technology in Taiwan and in Asia. They will start initial conversations with potential clients, partners and investors.
Upon acceptance to this CTA program, you will access:
- potential pilot projects, partnerships and investments and sales in Taiwan and Asia
- trade shows, events and databases highlighting your company’s capabilities to a targeted audience of partners and local stakeholders
- gain introductions and present to potential buyers, strategic partners and investors
Who should apply
We are seeking innovative Canadian healthcare technology companies in the scale up, business development or investment raising stage. We are looking for innovative health technology (both hardware and software) in areas including:
- artificial intelligence (AI) assisted algorithm for devices, platforms or systems
- image analysis technology for diagnostics, monitoring or examination, rehabilitation and therapeutics
- cloud platforms or blockchain-based application for medical data management
Your company must have:
- an innovative and unique minimum viable product or technology with the potential for growth
- existing market traction – ideally companies that already have successful use cases in North America, Europe or Asia
- specific goals and a clear strategy to enter Asia
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity, diversity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds to apply.
How the program works
The CTA program will be delivered online due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. The program includes:
- market insight webinars and online workshops
- targeted business-to-business meetings with potential clients, strategic partners and investors
- opportunities to present at CTA virtual pitch
- tailored guidance and mentorship from sector experts
- exclusive events offering networking, showcase booths, speaking opportunities and more
“The CTA experience allowed us to understand the market space better, and its requirements. It provided with greater insights to achieving our goals, and allowed partnering with potential distributors. IRegained's CTA experience in Taiwan has been special. They have helped us every step of the way in helping our business move forward and we are forever grateful to the CTA team for their support, advise and guidance.” - Vineet Johnson, CEO of IRegained.
What you need to apply
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator — Taipei
Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service
- Date Modified: