Taipei healthcare technology - Canadian Technology Accelerator
We are here to help you expand your operations in international markets and will continue doing so during these challenging times. Due to travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually.
Are you looking for new opportunities to scale up your digital health or medical technology company? Taiwan is a leader in many critical technologies and is a strategic entry-point to Asia. The region’s clusters of healthcare innovators and established venture capitalist network create opportunities for Canadian companies. The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) business development program can help you foster strategic partnerships, tap into the Taiwanese healthcare industry, validate your technology, and expand to Taiwan and Asia.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
October 22, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT
|November 2021 to June 2022||2 hours per week|
Who should apply
We are seeking innovative Canadian healthcare technology (HealthTech) companies in the scale up, business development or investment raising stage. We are looking for innovative health technology (both hardware and software) in areas including:
- artificial intelligence (AI) assisted algorithm for devices, platforms or systems
- medical data integration technology and cloud management
- image analysis technology for diagnostics, monitoring or examination
- rehabilitation and therapeutics device or software
Companies must have:
- an innovative and unique minimum viable product or technology with the potential for growth
- existing market traction – ideally companies that already have successful use cases in North America, Europe or Asia
- specific goals and a clear strategy to enter Asia
- an experienced, passionate and strong executive team, with at least one senior member able to commit to the entire program
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) supports diversity, equity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What we offer your business
Upon acceptance to this CTA program, you will access:
- potential pilot projects, partnerships and investments and sales in Taiwan and Asia
- trade shows, events and databases highlighting your company’s capabilities to a targeted audience of partners and local stakeholders
- gain introductions and present to potential buyers, strategic partners and investors
This program will take place virtually from November 2021 to June 2022 for about two hours per week. If travel restrictions ease, there are opportunities for in-person meetings and sessions including:
- market insight webinars and online workshops
- targeted business-to-business meetings with potential clients, strategic partners and investors
- opportunities to present at CTA virtual pitch
- tailored guidance and mentorship from sector experts
- participation in major industry trade shows
- exclusive events offering networking, showcase booths, speaking opportunities and more
What you will gain
Graduates of this CTA will walk away with a deeper understanding of the opportunities for their technology in Taiwan and in Asia. They will start initial conversations with potential clients, partners and investors.
Learn more about the CTA Taiwan by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator — Taipei
Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service
For general inquiries on the CTA program, please contact the CTA Coordination Team.
- Date Modified: