Taipei sustainable development technology - Canadian Technology Accelerator
Are you looking for new opportunities to expand your business in Asia? Taiwan is a leader in many critical technologies and is a strategic entry point into Asia. The region's clusters of innovators and established network of venture capitalists create opportunities for Canadian companies.
As a major player in global supply chains, Taiwan is working to understand and integrate the Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into the country's industries.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Taipei is recruiting companies that offer solutions in the area of sustainable development technologies. Participating companies will benefit from strategic partnerships and business development between Canada and Taiwanese industry.
Through this business development program, you will gain access to leading global information and communications technology (ICT) companies, connect with leading Taiwanese conglomerates, validate your technology and expand into Asia.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|April 1 to June 30, 2023||1 hour per week|
What are the benefits of joining?
The Taipei CTA will give you:
- tailored introductions and opportunities to present to potential buyers, strategic partners and investors
- potential pilot projects, partnerships and investments and sales in Taiwan and Asia
- access to trade shows, events and databases highlighting your company’s capabilities to a targeted audience of partners and local stakeholders
- a deeper understanding of the opportunities for their technology in Taiwan and in Asia
Who should apply
We are looking for Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises that are in scale-up stage with an innovative technology in:
- and financial services
We use a broad definition of sustainability and are interested in working with a wide range of environment and circular economy technologies. In particular, those that mitigate the impacts of climate change, increase energy efficiency and protect a critical security system.
Companies should have:
- an innovative technology with Level 5+ Technology Readiness Level (TRL)* for potential international growth
- existing market traction – ideally companies that already have successful use cases in North America, Europe or Asia
- specific goals and a clear strategy to enter Asia
*Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your company’s product that you are seeking to take to an international market:
- Level 1: Basic principles of concept are observed and reported
- Level 2: Technology concept and/or application formulated
- Level 3: Analytical and experimental critical function and/or proof of concept
- Level 4: Component and/or validation in a laboratory environment
- Level 5: Component and/or validation in a simulated environment
- Level 6: System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a simulated environment
- Level 7: Prototype ready for demonstration in an appropriate operational environment
- Level 8: Actual technology completed and qualified through tests and demonstrations
- Level 9: Actual technology proven through successful deployment in an operational setting
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity, diversity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds to apply.
What you need to apply
How the program works
The program begins in early April 2023 and ends in late June 2023.
The program recommends participants to make an in-market visit during the anchor event - COMPUTEX & InnoVEX 2023 from May 30- June 2, 2023. It is possible to attend business-to-business (B2B) meetings virtually should participants decide not to visit Taiwan while taking part in our program.
The program will provide services including:
- Orientation and industry reports / webinars sharing (Virtual)
- B2B meetings with targeted stakeholders (In-person recommended)
- Presentation at the CTA Virtual Pitch (Virtual)
- Online interview with the media channel (Virtual)
- Participation in COMPUTEX & InnoVEX 2023 (May 30 to June 2, 2023)
- A working space in Taiwan
“The CTA experience allowed us to understand the market space better, and its requirements. It provided greater insights into achieving our goals, and allowed partnering with potential distributors. IRegained's CTA experience in Taiwan has been special. They have helped us every step of the way in helping our business move forward and we are forever grateful to the CTA team for their support, advice and guidance.” - Vineet Johnson, CEO of IRegained.
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator — Taipei
Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service
- Date Modified: