Canadian Technology Accelerator – Taiwan
Impact of COVID-19 outbreak on Canadian Technology Accelerator participants
We are here to help you expand your operations in international markets and will continue to do so during these challenging times. Due to travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually. The decision to resume in-market programming will be based on:
- Canada’s domestic and international travel advisories
- Advice from public health agencies
The Canadian Technology Accelerator in Taipei is a 4 to 8 month program. It supports high-potential Canadian technology companies’ fast-track their market entry and scale their business in Taiwan and Asia.
The program fosters strategic partnerships and business development – helping participants tap into the supply chains of leading global ICT companies. It connects top-tier Taiwanese conglomerates, clients, partners and investors to Canadian companies in the following sectors:
- artificial intelligence (AI)
- internet of things (IoT)
- digital health
There is no fee to apply for the program. To participate, company executives (CEO, founders, VP business development) must apply through a competitive process.
Taiwan is a market share leader in many critical technologies such as integrated circuit design and manufacturing. Besides being a close partner with Japan and the US, they are major investors and distributors in China and South-East Asia. Taiwanese companies do most of the design (ODM) and manufacturing (OEM) of the world’s ICT products. This includes making most of the laptops, peripherals and iPhone components.
To remain globally competitive, Taiwanese conglomerates are always looking for new innovations and technologies to integrate into their existing portfolio of products and solutions.
- Taiwan is regionally integrated into ASEAN and is a proven gateway to China
- Taiwan can be a partner for Canadian Startups / SMEs looking for:
- Production cost and development cost reduction
- Joint development for product portfolio expansion
- Supply chain management and mass production
- Proto-typing and commercialization
- Localization and development
- Intellectual property protection
- Sales distribution
- Venture capital financing
Taiwan ranked 4th globally on “Innovation Capability” according to WEF 2018 Global Competitiveness Rankings. This is driven by notable strengths in intellectual property protection (2nd globally), R&D expenditure (5th globally), cluster development (5th globally) and international co-inventions (5th globally).
Taiwan ranks 13th out of 190 world economies and 4th in Asia Pacific for ease of doing business according to the 2018 Doing Business report.
What we offer
A customized program, to address individual company needs within the scope of business development or investment raising activities. These may include:
- Virtual mentorship program with market experts and industry advisors
- Targeted business matching to potential customers, technology partners and investors
- Validation of product-market fit in local/regional ecosystem
- Co-working space during your in-market visit(s)
- Exclusive access to in-market events, networking, showcase or speaking opportunities
- Dedicated Trade Commissioner
What you need to qualify
- Innovative, unique, export ready product or technology
- Existing market traction or a revenue-generating business ($1 million in revenue and/or investment)
- Specific goal(s) and clear strategy for entry to Asia
- Strong management team. At least one senior manager should commit to participating in the full program (virtual and flexible in-market)
- The financial resources to cover costs of spending time in market (travel, accommodation, meals)
- Experienced and passionate executive team
Apply to participate
Taipei virtual pitch session
The CTA program in Taipei is organizing a virtual pitch session. This session will bring together a cast of important companies and targeted investors to listen and interact with you.
- An opportunity to demonstrate your products/solutions to potential clients, partners, and investors across Asia.
- Develop your network of contacts with these communities:
- System Integrators
- Information and Communication Technology conglomerates
- Venture capital (VC)
Our aim is to provide you an avenue to learn about your potential market traction in Taiwan, build up the initial contacts and obtain first-hand feedback from your targeted corporates, institutes and investors.
The upcoming CTA virtual pitches will take place on:
- Artificial Intelligence, Internet-of-Things, ICT
Date: Tuesday, April 14 at 8:45-10:30 pm EDT
- AI, IoT, Digital Health
Date: Tuesday, April 21 at 8:45-10:30 pm EDT
The Taipei CTA program is run on a rolling basis. Once you’re accepted into the Taipei CTA program, you must participate in all the programming elements for the 4-8 month duration. On-boarding and in-market dates are flexible within the program period.
Please contact Judy.Chen@international.gc.ca for more information.
- Date Modified: