United States retail technology - Canadian Technology Accelerator
The retail technology market is a trillion-dollar industry that is always looking for new ways to adapt to consumer demands and evolving trends. This market provides Canadian companies with growth opportunities abroad. The United States (U.S.) Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) business development program will immerse your retail tech company into two major U.S. markets: East Coast (New York City (NYC)) as well as West Coast (Los Angeles, the Bay Area and Silicon Valley). The program offers eight-weeks of tailored guidance, knowledge, and the connections you need to enter and grow in these markets.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|April 30, 2022 (23:59 pm PT)||May 16 to June 30, 2022||About 3 hours per week|
Who should apply
We are looking for early-stage Canadian retail tech companies with software/hardware solutions to address anything from:
- supply chain
- customer service
- data collection/analytics
- in-store experiences
- payment processing
In addition, we are seeking companies that have:
- a fully-built and validated product with a differentiated technology that applies to the retail ecosystem
- a vested interest in pursuing the US market
- specific goal(s) and a clear strategy for entry to NYC and California
- recurring revenues and/or $1 million funds raised
- strong and experienced management team who can commit to virtual in-market programming
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equality and diversity in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What we offer your business
The U.S. retail tech CTA helps high-potential Canadian companies gain exposure to the thriving NYC and California ecosystems. Through a single application, Canadian retail tech companies can benefit from participation in two distinct markets with virtual and in-market programming and support:
- March/April: Applications and cohort selection
- The program will kick off with 1-week of in-person in-market sessions in NYC, which will include curated keynote sessions delivered by private sector expert partners and industry leaders, as well as tailored mentorship from experts in the retail and retail tech ecosystems, and sessions with venture capitalists (VC) and investment experts.
- The second phase will be a series of virtual in-market sessions, which will include key and targeted market intelligence, mentorship matchmaking, curated B2B introductions.
- The third and last phase of the program will be 1-week of in-person in-market sessions in Los Angeles, which will include curated keynote sessions delivered by private sector expert partners and industry leaders, as well as tailored mentorship from experts in the retail and retail tech ecosystems, and sessions with VCs and investment experts.
- Two months of dedicated Trade Commissioner Service support in NYC and California to pursue business and investment leads.
For more information, please contact Safia.Morsly-Fikai@international.gc.ca for the NYC portion or Isabella.Schilpp@international.gc.ca and Christine.email@example.com for the California portion.
The program will offer customized in-person and virtual support from May to June 2022 with weekly sessions. We will establish tailored priorities at the beginning of the program to develop your business strategy as well as advance your market entry, investment, and customer acquisition objectives. You will participate in:
- advisory meetings
- specialized sessions
- in-person opening and closing events
- and more
Following the guidelines for COVID-19, we will continue to reassess any in-person attendance for the CTA Retail Tech program.
Canadian Technology Accelerator — New York
Canadian Technology Accelerator — Los Angeles
Canadian Technology Accelerator – Silicon Valley
- Date Modified: