Canada Café and Virtual Booth at BIO Digital 2021
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: June 10-18, 2021
Venue: Virtual event, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Target Audience: Canadian life science companies looking to explore foreign markets.
Sector: Life sciences
The BIO Digital 2021 International Convention will be hosted virtually from June 10-11 and 14-18, 2021. The conference provides an unparalleled partnering venue, expert-level education, keynote sessions and extensive networking events. It is a key event for stakeholders looking for partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotech companies, with more than 4,350 delegates from 2,500 plus companies. Canada often has the largest foreign delegation.
Leading up to BIO Digital 2021, Canada's Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) in partnership with BIOTECanada will host a special Canada Café featuring presentations by Trade Commissioners. These presentations are an opportunity for Canadian companies to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the European, North American, and Asian markets, followed by a chance to network with Trade Commissioners to learn more about their markets of interest and seek strategic guidance.
The TCS helps Canadian companies navigate the complexities of international markets. With 1,000 Trade Commissioners in offices across Canada and on the ground in more than 160 cities worldwide, the TCS offers market intelligence and an unmatched network of contacts to help Canadian companies succeed abroad.
Schedule of Presentations by Trade Commissioners
- June 10, 2021, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Opening Remarks & Europe Session - 10:00 AM – 11:45 AM
- Barcelona, Spain – Aurora Polo Ferrer
- Bern, Switzerland – Michael Schindele
- Düsseldorf, Germany – Silke Ditgen
- Vienna, Austria - Verena Wasenegger
North America Session - 12:00 PM- 1:15 PM
- Boston, Massachusetts – Serban Georgescu
- San Diego, California - Cheryl Rogers
- Los Angeles, California – Mohammad Kondri
Asia Session - 1:15 PM –1:30 PM
- Tokyo, Japan - Katsuko Kuroiwa
Register to attend
- Register now to participate in this free event.
TCS Virtual Booth
In addition to the Canada Café, the TCS will be present at BIO Digital 2021 with a virtual booth.
For all those registered for BIO Digital 2021, the Trade Commissioners active in the following markets will be present at the TCS Virtual Booth, in the Canada Pavilion of the Global Marketplace, and will be able to inform Canadian companies on business opportunities in their markets. Please make an appointment by using the BIO One-on-One Partnering Platform or directly by sending an email to one of the following Trade Commissioners:
- Barcelona, Spain - Aurora Polo Ferrer: Aurora.PoloFerrer@international.gc.ca
- San Diego, California - Cheryl Rogers: Cheryl.Rogers@international.gc.ca
- Tokyo, Japan - Katsuko Kuroiwa: Katsuko.Kuroiwa@international.gc.ca
Services from the TCS are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Participate in networking events
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
- Networking event
- Date Modified: