International Rights Market at Festival Angoulême
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: January 25 to January 29, 2023
Venue: Multiple locations
Location: Angoulême, France
Target Audience: Canadian authors and editors.
Sector: Arts and cultural industries
The Angoulême International Comic Book Festival is one of the most influential and most visited comic books fairs in the world (200,000 participants, both industry representatives and the public at large). Its International Rights and Licenses Market is aimed at publishers specialized in comics who are looking to sell the rights of their titles (translation and audiovisual adaption). For its second participation, the Embassy of Canada in France will lead:
- a delegation of Canadian publishers and authors
- a booth in the Rights Market and another booth in a public area
- networking activities
The Angoulême International Rights Market (MID) is an international hub where comics and graphic novels professionals from all around the world can meet and network. With 35 countries represented and 75 exhibitors, this 100 m2 marketplace, at the very heart of the Angoulême festival, encourages networking between professionals.
It is an excellent opportunity to reinforce international business relationships. Conceived to facilitate business exchanges, the International Rights Market proposes:
- speed-dating event
- a conference program
- a “Shoot The Book” event aimed at producers looking for adaptations
- welcoming delegations of guests (acquisitions editors and producers sponsorship program)
This initiative is organized with the financial support of Canadian Heritage and in partnership with ANEL – Québec Edition, Livres Canada Books and Québec BD.
Register to attend
- Contact Constance Richard (firstname.lastname@example.org) to participate in the TCS programming component
Why your organization should participate:
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in networking events
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Networking event
- Product pitch to select audiences
The Trade Commissioner, Constance Richard (email@example.com), specializes in the creative industries sector for the French market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: