Canadian ICT Trade Mission to Hong Kong
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: October 27 to October 30, 2021
Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR
Target Audience: Canadian ICT companies in the areas of AI, Big Data, Cloud, IoT, Cybersecurity for the verticals of Digital Business, Smart Living, Governance & Infrastructure, Transportation & Mobility.
Sector: Information and communications technologies
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) at the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong would like to invite Canadian information communication technologies (ICT) companies to join the ICT Trade Mission to Hong Kong, scheduled for October 27-30, 2021, coinciding with the International ICT Expo. The Mission will be a hybrid event, a combination of a virtual and a physical presence.
With the aim of helping Canadian ICT companies to gather information on market trends and opportunities, connect with prospective customers, and explore partnership opportunities in Hong Kong, delegates will receive the following services offered by the TCS in HK:
- A personalized business matching service for those whose products and services fall into the priority areas of AI, Big Data, Cloud, IoT, Cybersecurity for the verticals of Digital Business, Smart Living, Governance & Infrastructure, Transportation & Mobility
- A kiosk, virtual and physical, at the Canadian Pavilion at ICT Expo 2021
ICT Expo is an annual ICT trade show in HK. Last ICT Expo in 2019 gathered more than 610 exhibitors from 14 countries and regions, adopting the theme of Smart City, Smart Living to showcase cutting-edge solutions in six key areas:
- Smart Mobility
- Smart Living
- Smart Environment
- Smart People
- Smart Government
- Smart Economy
The expo attracted over 34,000 buyers from 137 countries and regions. About 60% of buyers came from overseas and 40% from HK. The top ten visiting foreign countries and regions were:
- Mainland China
- United Kingdom
Canadian companies wishing to take part in this event should email Eunice Wong, email@example.com, for the application form as the application is due on or before 23:59 EST, Friday, September 10, 2021.
Why your organization should participate:
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
The Trade Commissioner, Eunice Wong, firstname.lastname@example.org, specializes in the ICT sector for the Hong Kong and Macao market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
The TCS helps Canadian companies navigate the complexities of international markets. With 1,000 Trade Commissioners in offices across Canada and on the ground in more than 160 cities worldwide, the TCS offers market intelligence and an unmatched network of contacts to help Canadian companies succeed abroad.
- Date Modified: