Canada Hybrid Delegation at Asia Summit on Global Health
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: November 10 to November 11, 2022
Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR
Target Audience: Canadian start-up companies with eligibility as follows: Business interest in Asia/China, funding rounds ranging from seed to series B, target to raise a maximum of USD10 million in funding, up to 8 years of establishment.
Sector: Clean technologies, Life sciences
In collaboration with the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and supported by the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (Toronto), the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao would like to invite Canadian healthcare, medical and biotech start-up companies to join “Canada at Asia Summit on Global Health (ASGH)”, scheduled to take place on November 10-11, 2022.
- 10 November 2022 (Thursday): Physical Conference, Exhibition and Deal Flow
- 11 November 2022 (Friday): Virtual Sessions, Online Deal Flow and Site Visits
You are invited to join the Trade Delegation at the InnoHealth Showcase at ASGH, which is a dedicated area to connecting start-ups of technology and innovation in medical and healthcare sectors with investors and partners around the world and exploring business partnership opportunities.
InnoHealth Showcase and Exhibition Opportunity for start-ups:
Last year, the InnoHealth Showcase and Exhibition showcased the latest technologies from more than 150 global healthcare projects (HK/China/Asia/US/Israel/Germany). Medical and healthcare investment project presentations and various activities took place both onsite and online, covering industries such as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment. Biotechnology and healthcare start-ups had the opportunity to meet with investors and industry experts in the Business of Healthcare Advisory Zone either onsite or through the summit’s digital platform to exchange ideas, seek advice and formulate business strategies.
Deal Flow Matchmaking Services:
The ASGH Deal Flow Matchmaking service connected investors with owners of projects in the healthcare and medical sectors based on their shared areas of interest. By setting up one-to-one physical and online meetings between project owners and investors from venture capital, private equity, family offices and institutions, the summit provided a platform for global business exchange and collaboration. There will be investors from China and Hong Kong and also from Asia, North America, EU and the Middle East.
Itinerary and Program:
- All eligible Canadian TCS clients (both physical and virtual) will be featured in the Canadian capability booklet to be circulated at the Consulate booth at the Summit and to potential investors/strategic partners identified by the Consulate in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Life Sciences Market Report and Presentation Deck by the Consulate in Hong Kong
- Paid participants will be offered
- One virtual booth on ASGH virtual platform
- Pitching/project presentation opportunity
- One 2mX1m booth (standard facilities/bar stool/panel display) (physical exhibitor only)
- Complimentary digital and full passes to access to physical sessions in Hong Kong and streaming sessions on the ASGH digital platform
- Face-to-face or online business networking and deal flow matchmaking
- Face-to-face or online business advisory services
- Local visits to health clusters (physical exhibitor only)
- Priority to join year-round Deal Flow Matchmaking and ASGH online activities
- One-month extension for access to online videos after the Summit
How to apply:
Please email Jaclyn.Chan@international.gc.ca, Trade Commissioner or Dolores.Wong@international.gc.ca, Trade Commissioner Assistant, Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao to request for an application form. Complete and submit application no later than 23:59 EST September 15, 2022 (Thursday).
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
The Trade Commissioner, Jaclyn Chan, Jaclyn.Chan@international.gc.ca, specializes in the Life Sciences sector for the Hong Kong market and can provide information on this and other local events as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: