Export help for Indigenous businesses
Are you thinking about exporting or expanding into new international markets?
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) is here to help! Our knowledgeable staff will connect you to the right information, people and programs.
Establish your support network
The TCS provides on the ground support to Canadian companies through a network of trade commissioners located in markets worldwide.
We also partner with organizations across Canada to bring Canadian based Indigenous-owned and Indigenous-led businesses like yours the support you need to succeed. The TCS can put you in touch with organizations that support the success of Indigenous entrepreneurs, including:
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
- National Aboriginal Capital Corporations Association (NACCA
Get ready to export
Are you ready to export? (Quiz)
Are you ready to go global? Take our short, confidential quiz to find out. You’ll get a score out of 15 and advice on where to find support.
Resources to help you prepare:
- Step-by-Step Guide to Exporting
- TCS Spotlight series on export topics
- Trade missions and events for Indigenous businesses
“Having a mentor always helps. You should also have a circle of advisors and experts who are in the same industry you want to be in.”
Federal business expansion tools and programs
Trade Commissioner Service (TCS)
- Canadian Technology Accelerators (CTA): Development programs to help Canadian companies with an existing technology, product or service to explore vast opportunities in foreign markets.
- E-Commerce and digital marketing resources for doing business in the U.S.
- Check out the Shipping and Logistics guide that covers how to sell to the U.S. market through B2C channels.
Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC)
Global Business Opportunity Finder
Exclusive web application that allows you to filter and search for international bid opportunities in over 200 countries.
International Prime Contractor Service
Service to support you in accessing international government procurement markets through government to government contracting.
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Business Benefits Finder
Find the right programs and services for your company, whether you’re starting out or scaling up.
World class market research
Make sure you have the market intelligence you need to make sound business decisions. These reports will enhance your understanding of the export markets by sector and location:
- Country summaries
Export Development Canada (EDC) provides a risk rating and business environment summary for every country.
- Global export forecast
Find out about emerging risks and opportunities in EDC’s global market trends forecast.
- Country and sector information for international business
Search these detailed Trade Commissioner Service reports by market or sector.
Benefit from Canada’s trade agreements
Canada’s trade and investment agreements can give your business a competitive edge in the global market. You can search trade agreements by country, type, status or keyword via the TCS website.
You may already have a competitive edge over others in your target market. Use the Canada Tariff Finder to compare tariffs between export markets.
Find international contacts and buyers
Diversifying into new markets can give your business fresh opportunities for growth. Finding the right contacts can be a challenge. Here are some key steps you can take:
Attend a TCS Indigenous -focused trade mission
Explore new markets first-hand, meet with buyers and take part in business-to-business (B2B) events.
Apply for funding
Get help with market research and business travel costs to your target market.
Connect with the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS)
Questions or need support
- Contact a Trade Commissioner for answers to your export questions
- Subscribe to CanadExport: The official magazine of the Trade Commissioner Service
Join the conversation
- Date Modified: