Study in Canada promotion event ─ Fall 2023
Date: November 3, 2023
Venue: Akasaka Intercity Conference Center, 1-8-1 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Target Audience: Canadian education institutions (K-12, post-secondary and language)
The Study in Canada promotion event is organized by Keibunsha a publisher of study-abroad magazines and an organizer of study abroad events in Japan, with the assistance of the Embassy of Canada to Japan. This event consists of three major parts:
- Canadian institution information published on the campaign website (in Japanese only) for a year from October 1, 2023 to September 30, 2024
- A networking luncheon (B2B) hosted jointly by the Embassy of Canada to Japan and Keibunsha, at the Embassy on November 2, 2023
- One day in-person Study in Canada Fair (B2C) in Tokyo on November 3, 2023 (five hours) – 11:00 - 16:00
In Japan, there are only a few recruitment fairs for the Canadian institutions to join at this moment. This event is the only Canada-focused recruitment fair of this size in Japan this fall.
Canadian institutions will have the opportunity to provide detailed information to interested students and parents in Japan. Each Canadian representative can be accompanied by an interpreter, arranged by the organizer, to facilitate communication amongst the institutions and Japanese participants. Participants will learn general information on studying abroad in Canada from various seminars presented by the Embassy representatives, including a representative(s) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The campaign website (Japanese only, currently with the Spring Fair information) for this event will be open (duration to be confirmed) to allow continued access for information of the Canadian institutions.
Register to attend
- Apply through the online registration form to participate in this event.
Event Organizer Contact
- Ms. Minori Takahashi (Minori@kbunsha.com), Director, Keibunsha
Why your organization should participate:
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- Recruitment of prospective students
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Networking event
- Product pitch to select audiences
The Trade Commissioners, Megumi Akiyama (Megumi.Akiyama@international.gc.ca) and Hiroko Mikami (Hiroko.Mikami@international.gc.ca) specialize in the education sector for the Japanese market and can provide information on this event and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: