Africa Energy Forum (AEF)
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: June 19 to June 23, 2023
Venue: Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Target Audience: Canadian cleantech (renewable energy) energy performance companies (EPCs), developers, SMEs and technology providers.
Sector: Clean technologies, Infrastructure
Africa Energy Forum (AEF) unites governments, power utilities and power developers from across Africa with the international energy industry to focus on delivering energy infrastructure projects in Africa. Over the last 24 years, the forum has earnt a reputation as the most meaningful gathering of decision-makers in African energy to form partnerships, identify opportunities and move the industry forward. For Canadian companies interested in the energy/infrastructure sector in Africa, there is no better venue to meet with a range of foreign governments and key players in the same place.
- African governments
- utilities and regulators
- development finance institutions
- commercial banks
- power developers
- technology providers
- energy performance contracts (EPCs) and professional services
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) will provide a platform for the showcasing of TCS client capabilities to various key African delegations and will also give clients’ access to Trade Commissioners covering majority of markets in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Register to attend
- Contact Anita Kundy, the regional cleantech Trade Commissioner (Africa) at Anita.Kundy@international.gc.ca for details on how to join the Canadian delegation to the AEF
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Meet key regulatory bodies
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- There will be 12 Trade Commissioners from across Africa participating and providing support to Canadian companies for business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-government (B2G) meetings
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
- Networking event
- Product pitch to select audiences
- Site visits
The Trade Commissioner, Anita Kundy, Anita.Kundy@international.gc.ca specializes in the Cleantech sector for the Africa market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service offers services free of charge to Canadian exporters and companies that meet our client criteria.
- Date Modified: