Incoterms® 2020 Training
Date: February 07-March 06, 2020
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba, Fredericton New Brunswick, Halifax Nova Scotia, St. John's Newfoundland, Bathurs New Brunswick, Dorval, Quebec, Surrey, British Columbia;and Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Target Audience: Canadian exporters, importers, customs brokers, lawyers and students.
Sector: Aerospace, Agriculture and processed foods, Arts and cultural industries, Automotive, Chemicals, Clean technologies, Consumer products, Defence and security, Education, Financial and insurance services, Fish and seafood, Forestry and wood products, Industrial machinery, Information and communications technologies, Infrastructure, Investment, Life sciences, Mining, Ocean technologies, Oil and gas, Professional services, Tourism, Transportation, Wine, beer and spirits
Training sessions about Incoterms® 2020 are being held across Canada to help Canadian businesses prepare for changes to Incoterms®, which take effect in January 2020. These workshops will help you succeed in global markets and avoid costly misunderstandings by defining costs, risks and obligations in each type of international trade transaction.
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) is partnering with the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce (CCC) to deliver the workshops.
In September 2019, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published an important update to Incoterms®. They come into effect January 2020. Incoterms® 2020 will influence how companies understand their responsibilities at each stage of an international trade transaction, with potential implications for their bottom line.
Participants will learn how to
- properly incorporate Incoterms® 2020 into pro forma invoices and sales contracts
- identify corporate sales strategies that lower risks and costs
- identify correct Incoterms® 2020 rules for specific transactions
- determine obligations, risks and costs for both sellers and buyers
- avoid common errors when using Incoterms
- use Incoterms to your company’s advantage
Upcoming Incoterms® 2020 events
- Bathurst, NB – February 7, 2020
- Winnipeg, MB – February 12, 2020
- Dorval, QC – February 20, 2020
- Surrey, BC – February 20, 2020
- St. John’s, NL – February 21, 2020
- Charlottetown, PEI – February 28, 2020
- Halifax, NS – March 6, 2020
More locations and dates will be announced for Incoterms® 2020 training sessions across Canada, so please check this page periodically.
Register to attend
Register now to participate in an Incoterms®2020 training session nearest you
*Please note that registration fees are set by local delivery partners and vary based on location.
*Veuillez noter que les frais d'inscription sont fixés par les partenaires locaux et varient en fonction du lieu.)
Why your organization should participate:
- Meet academic or research entities
- Receive mentoring and coaching
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: