EduCanada e-Masterclasses 2022
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: March 12, 2022
Venue: Virtual Platform
Location: Manila, Philippines
The Philippines has been a popular recruitment destination for Canadian institutions in recent years. TCS Manila will organize a series of virtual masterclasses, EduCanada e-Masterclasses, to provide Canadian colleges, institutes, polytechnics, CÉGEPs and universities the opportunity to promote programs in select disciplines that are in demand in the Philippine market. Classes will be delivered by faculty members to give a taste of the classroom experience in Canada to prospective students in the Philippines. TCS Manila will organize e-Masterclasses focused on the following priority areas:
- Culinary, Hospitality and Tourism;
- IT and Digital Arts;
- Business and finance;
- Engineering; and
- Health Sciences (i.e. nursing, occupational therapy).
Institutions are encouraged to be creative in the sample class they wish to feature at this event. Presentations of faculty representing institutions will be supplemented by a short presentation of no more than 15 minutes delivered by recruitment officers of each institution to provide students information on how to apply. Students will be encouraged to visit the virtual exhibit hall where they can follow through on their interest to apply with the institutions they are interested in.
The e-Masterclasses Series will include the following events on March 12, 2022 (Philippines):
- e-Masterclasses (webinars) by Canadian faculty followed by Recruitment Pitch presentations;
- Education Exhibit at Virtual Hall;
- Education in Canada by Trade Commissioner Service; and
- Study Permit Briefing by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada.
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet academic or research entities
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- Recruit Students
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Product pitch to select audiences
The Trade Commissioner, Angel Cachuela, Angel.Cachuela@international.gc.ca, specializes in the Education and Agriculture and Agri-Food sector for the Philippine market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: