Virtual AfricaCom Tech Festival 2021
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: November 8 to November 12, 2021
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Target Audience: Canadian companies in the ICT sector looking to expand their business to the African market.
Sector: Information and communications technologies
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) will be at the virtual edition of AfricaCom 2021. Attracting over 15,000 business visitors and 400 exhibitors, AfricaCom is the largest and most influential tech and telecoms event on the African continent. Participation will allow Canadian companies to gain access to major industry players from multiple African countries, all from the comfort of your laptop. The TCS will host an online Canadian pavilion in partnership with the Province of Ontario. The pavilion will host 15 exhibiting companies and provide the opportunity to make meaningful business connections during the event.
Register to attend
- Contact Nina Dube, Nina.Dube@international.gc.ca to participate in the virtual Canadian pavilion.
Why your organization should participate:
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Meet key regulatory bodies
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
- Product pitch to select audiences
The Trade Commissioner, Nina Dube, Nina.Dube@international.gc.ca, specializes in the Information, Communication and Technology sector; Michael Shapiro, firstname.lastname@example.org, specializes in the Digital Industries sector for the southern African market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: