Africa Games Week (AGW)
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: December 1 to December 3, 2022
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Target Audience: Canadian video game developers and exporters interested in the South African market.
Sector: Arts and cultural industries, Education
Africa Games Week (AGW) is the largest gathering of African game developers, exporters and leaders in the gaming industry. It is the curated game industry event that strives to shine a spotlight on the creatives and businesses rising around Africa. This year the AGW is dynamically focused on developing relationships between the industry and it verticals and will host multi-industry vertical conferences including:
Register to attend
- Contact Nina Dube on Nina.Dube@international.gc.ca to participate in this event
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Site visits
The Trade Commissioner, Nina Dube, Nina.Dube@international.gc.ca, specializes in the Creative Industries sector for the southern Africa market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: