African Mining Indaba 2023
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: February 6 to February 9, 2023
Venue: Cape Town International Convention Centre
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Target Audience: Canadian companies in the mining, clean tech for mining, and digital for mining sectors.
Sector: Clean technologies, Education, Industrial machinery, Mining
Join us in participating in Africa’s largest mining conference, Mining Indaba.
At Mining Indaba, you will have access to high-impact networking, creating opportunities and conversations to land deal after deal. Mining Indaba has been a staple in Cape Town and the industry’s calendar for 27 years. Over 6,500 mining experts descend on the city every February for five powerful days of networking and attracting participants from:
- senior international mining companies
- the global investment community
- major consulting firms
- exploration companies
- suppliers of mining equipment and services
In addition to official delegations from over 40 African countries.
Mining Indaba is an excellent opportunity for Canadian companies to explore potential opportunities in the African mining sector.
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) program includes the following events (TBC):
- Towards sustainable mining (TSM) initiative event, in collaboration with the Mining Association of Canada
- Digital transformation in mining
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) in mining – a closer look at the ‘S’ in ESG and understanding best practice in addressing this governance standard
- Clean technology developments in mining
- Business-to-business (B2B) and Export Café programs
- Mine Safety Workshop presented by NRCan
- Working with the intergovernmental forum on mining (IGF) to host a Critical Minerals panel discussion
Please contact the trade commissioner Drayton Brown, email@example.com, to participate in the TCS program.
Why your organization should participate:
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet academic or research entities
- Meet innovation collaborators or industrial R&D partners
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Meet key regulatory bodies
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
- Networking event
Trade Commissioner, Drayton Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org, specializes in the mining sector for the Africa market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to qualifying Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: