Canadian delegation to Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) in Barcelona
Date: November 6 to November 9, 2023
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Target Audience: Canadian companies with urban solutions focusing on sustainability and efficient transportation (urban mobility, green building technologies, air quality, water management, green areas management)
Sector: Clean technologies, Information and communications technologies, Infrastructure
This year’s delegation will have a common topic on “Proptech and Energy Efficiency”.
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) encourages companies that are led or owned by women, visible minorities, and indigenous to apply to be part of the delegation.
The Canadian Delegation in Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona will have a work program that includes:
- Exhibit at the Canadian Pavilion at SCEWC 2023 (limited spots)
- Agenda of pre-arranged in-person business-to-government (B2G) meetings with potential buyers or partners from the Spanish market
- Virtual market information sessions to learn about multiple European markets and public procurement processes in the EU, to which Canadian companies have increased access thanks to CETA, the free trade agreement between Canada and the EU
- In-person Export Café session in Barcelona with Trade Commissioners from, Spain and Germany
- A networking event at the Canadian pavilion
The coordination of the Canadian delegation will be done in collaboration with FIRA. The participation is done on a cost-recovery basis.
Register to attend
- To register for this event and receive more information, please complete this form or contact Nadia Rego (nadia.rego@International.gc.ca).
You will be able to register for this activity until August 31th, 2023.
Why your organization should participate:
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
- Networking event
- Site visits
The Trade Commissioner Nadia Rego (nadia.rego@International.gc.ca) can provide information on this event and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service offers services free of charge to Canadian exporters and companies that meet our client criteria.
- Date Modified: