Mobile World Congress (MWC) Barcelona 2024
Date: February 25 to February 29, 2024
Venue: Fira Gran Via
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Target Audience: Canadian telecommunications companies, Canadian mobile and digital solutions companies and software providers
Sector: Information and communications technologies
Mobile World Congress (MWC) Barcelona is one the largest mobile events in the world, combining an industry exhibition with a congress featuring leading international mobile operators, vendors, visionaries and content owners.
In 2023, MWC hosted almost 89,000 attendees from over 200 countries, and this year's attendance is estimated to be even higher.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service will be present at WMC 2024, with Trade Commissioners from countries around the world available to meet with Canadian companies seeking international expansion, particularly in information and communication technology (ICT) sectors such as:
- mobile solutions
- digital security
- financial technology
Through the Trade Commissioner Service's business program, Canadian companies will have the opportunity to meet with potential clients and partners, highlight their solutions and build the relationships they will need to grow their business abroad.
The Canadian delegation will include:
- provincial government representatives from British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec
- national government representatives from organizations such as the National Research Council-Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP)
Canadian companies who join the Canadian delegation will:
- receive support from participating federal partner organizations and any relevant provincial partners
- participate in a pre-MWC Export Café with Trade Commissioners from around the globe to discuss business opportunities in a range of markets
- have access to tools and support to facilitate business-to-business (B2B) meetings
- be invited to an exclusive networking event, alongside a curated selection of business guests identified by the TCS network
- have the ability to reserve meeting space for discussions with potential buyers, distributors, and partners (Please note that meeting space reservation slots are limited – available slots will be divided amongst organizations who register by the January 31, 2024 deadline.)
At MWC 2023, 80+ Canadian companies participated as exhibitors or visitors to the congress, and reported dozens of amazing meetings with potential clients, new business relationships and a high level of satisfaction with the event.
Register to attend
- Companies can register here to purchase their 2024 MWC pass.
- To access Canadian-specific programming elements and support, companies must also register to join the Trade Commissioner Service' Canadian delegation.
- Please contact the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service team in Barcelona (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
- Registration to join the Canadian delegation is free! The registration deadline for companies who wish to receive B2B matchmaking and be featured in the Canadian company directory is January 31, 2024.
Why your organization should participate
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
- Networking event
If you are interested in learning more about the Spanish ICT market, including advice on business development; this and other business events in Spain; as well as information on potential partners and customers, please contact the Trade Commissioner Service in Spain at email@example.com.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service helps Canadian companies navigate the complexities of international markets. With over 1,000 Trade Commissioners in offices across Canada and on the ground in more than 160 cities worldwide, the TCS offers market intelligence and an unmatched network of contacts to help Canadian companies succeed abroad.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service offers services free of charge to Canadian exporters and companies that meet our client criteria.
- Date Modified: