125 years of helping Canadian companies
Canada is, and always has been, a trading nation. Since our first trade commissioner arrived in Australia in 1895 to increase Canadian exports, the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) has evolved into a now unmatched network of over 1,000 business-savvy experts in 160 cities worldwide who help Canadian businesses trade, grow and succeed.
Unlock your global potential
With approximately 0.5% of the world’s population, 99.5% of your potential consumers are located outside of Canada. Whether a Canadian entrepreneur, startup company or small to medium-sized business, growing globally is just part of growing your business. Begin your export journey here:
1. Get started:
Turn your ideas into a reality.
- Get your business started with the help of the dedicated entrepreneurial community at Startup Canada
- Access Government resources for business and industry
- Receive financing or advisory services from Business Development Bank of Canada
2. Scale up:
Evaluate your opportunities, and take your business to the world.
- Assess your export potential
- Learn about key markets and opportunities
- Access export funding and support programs
3. Go global:
Launch your global endeavours with funding and support services.
The TCS story
- TCS Timeline (1895 - present)
- Chapter 1: A proud history of helping Canadian companies
- Chapter 2: The first TCS client
Join the conversation #TCS125
Celebrate with us
- Date Modified: