Grow your business with e-commerce
E-commerce lets you access global markets to bring your product, or service, just a click away for millions of buyers. Unlock your company's full potential and connect with new customers around the world.
- By 2022, one-fifth of global retail e-commerce sales, or USD 627 billion is projected to be cross-border, up at CAGR of +17% from 2017 (Forrester cited by Practical Ecommerce, July 2017).
- “Better prices” (72%) was the top reason for online shoppers to buy cross-border, according to a global survey from May 2018 (PayPal, Ipsos, August 2018).
Note: does not add up to 100% due to the multiple answers possible; only the top 5 answers are ranked
Top 5 Reasons for Cross-Border Online Shopping
According to a global survey from May 2018 regarding the top reasons for shopping online cross-border:
- Better prices was the top reason for online shoppers to buy cross-border at 72%
- Access to items not available in home country was second at 49%
- Discovering new and interesting products was third at 34%
- Higher product quality was fourth at 29%
- Fifth was due to the fact that shipping was more affordable at 24%
Take note that the percentages do not add up to 100% due to multiple answers being possible; only the top 5 answers were ranked
Are you ready for e-commerce?
The following step-by-step approach can help you to determine if e-commerce is right for your business.
We are here to help you
If you are planning to sell abroad using e-commerce, we are here to help you. Contact the Trade Commissioner Service.
- Date Modified: