Women in Tech Trade Mission
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: November 25, 2021 to January 25, 2022
Venue: Activité virtuelle et sur place
Location: Dubai and Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Target Audience: Women-founded or women-led Canadian start-ups, scale-ups and SMEs in the ICT sector
Sector: Information and communications technologies
On the occasion of Canada’s participation at the Dubai Expo, the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) in the United Arab Emirates has the pleasure to invite you to join a women in tech trade mission to Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Phase 1: Virtual Matchmaking
- Timeline: 25 November 2021 to 25 January 2022
- Location: Virtual
- Cost: Free of charge
The first phase of the trade mission consists of a matchmaking service that will afford TCS clients the opportunity to meet with UAE contacts, such as:
- potential partners
- resellers and distributors
- target buyers or customers
- government agencies and regulatory bodies
- UAE-based accelerators and incubators
- academic and research entities
The one-on-one online meetings will occur between November 25 and January 25 and will be tailored to individual TCS client needs.
Phase 2: In-Market Program – collecting expressions of interest
- Timeline: 21-24 February 2022
- Location: Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Cost: Free of charge (companies must cover their own airfare, accommodation, per diems and transport)
The second phase consists of an in-market program in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, where TCS clients will have an opportunity to visit the Dubai Expo, with stops at the Canada Pavilion, Women’s Pavilion, Sustainability Pavilion, and others. Visit the Expo2020Dubai event page for a full list of Expo Pavilions.
Clients will also be able to participate in a TCS-organized program with:
- UAE or regional business women councils and associations
- women industry leaders
- commercial and government entities
- multinational enterprises
The program will also include site visits to local accelerators or incubators and other ecosystem players.
TCS clients can take advantage of their visit to participate in the Step Conference, a premier tech festival for emerging markets, offering a great learning and networking opportunity.
*Phase 2 will proceed subject to minimum required enrollment.
Register to attend
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Meet key regulatory bodies
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Networking event
- Product pitch to select audiences
- Site visits
The Trade Commissioner, Daniele Haddad, Daniele.Haddad@international.gc.ca, specializes in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector for the UAE market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
The TCS helps Canadian companies navigate the complexities of international markets. With 1,000 Trade Commissioners in offices across Canada and on the ground in more than 160 cities worldwide, the TCS offers market intelligence and an unmatched network of contacts to help Canadian companies succeed abroad.
- Date Modified: