Canadian Women in Tech (CWT): Market Testing Lab, Boston, Massachusetts
Date: March 24-26, 2020
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Target Audience: Experienced early-stage tech companies founded by or led by women, past the ideation stage, looking to expand and broaden their horizons, ideally with revenue or funding.
Sector: Clean technologies
Event Description: The Consulate General of Canada Boston is offering an exciting three- day program for Canadian Women Tech Entrepreneurs to delve deeper on topics that are important to growing your U.S. business such as raising capital, tapping into local communities and learning the differences between doing business in the U.S. and Canada. We are also offering the opportunity to work out of a local co-working space, allowing you to meet with potential local partners, buyers, investors, or peers on your own time.
Sub-sectors targeted: Biotech, MedTech, Digital Health, EdTech, FoodTech, SportsTech, FinTech and OceanTech.
Register to attend
- To apply for this unique program, contact Colette.firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7, 2020. Please include a paragraph on your company, traction to date, and objectives for participation.
Why your organization should participate:
- Attract foreign students, inform parents and school counsellors
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet academic or research entities
- Meet foreign education institutions and/or organizations
- Meet innovation collaborators or industrial R&D partners
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive mentoring and coaching
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Networking event
- Product pitch to select audiences
The Trade Commissioner Team in Boston for the New England market can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: