C2MP – Canada Chicago Mentoring Program
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: February 1 to September 30, 2022
Venue: Chicago, IL OR virtual (tbd)
Location: Chicago, United States of America
Target Audience: Canadian entrepreneurs and innovators with a product in the life sciences/healthcare industry who are seeking to gain traction in the US market and could benefit from mentoring and guidance to refine your go-to-market strategy.
Sector: Life sciences
The Trade Commissioner Service is partnering with MATTER, the leading life sciences/healthcare incubator in Chicago, to provide strategic guidance via team-based mentoring to four Canadian start-ups in the 8th annual cohort of C2MP. If selected, you will participate in a 6-month mentoring program that includes:
- a Day of Acceleration in Chicago
- live Pitch Presentations at the start and end of the program
- educational workshops
- monthly meetings with your dedicated mentoring team
This program is designed with flexibility based on the pandemic. It is likely to be a hybrid program, with 3 visits to Chicago as well as virtual meetings anticipated from February to September 2022. Applications are open from November 3 to December 1, 2021.
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive mentoring and coaching
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Networking event
- Product pitch to select audiences
The Trade Commissioner, Molly.Banuelos@international.gc.ca specializes in the Life Sciences sector for the Chicago/Midwest (IL, WI, MO) market and can provide information on this and other local events as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: