BIO 2022 International Convention
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: June 13 to June 16, 2022
Venue: San Diego Convention Centre
Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
Target Audience: Canadian life science companies ready to explore foreign markets, clinical trial organizations, University technology transfer programs, provincial and municipal economic development agencies.
Sector: Life sciences
The BIO 2022 International Convention, taking place in-person from June 13-16, provides an unparalleled partnering venue, expert-level education, keynote sessions and extensive networking events. It is a key event for stakeholders looking for partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotech companies as well as those involved with global pharmaceutical supply chains. Canada often has the largest foreign delegation, with over 350 participants from across Canada.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) will be at BIO 2022 within the Canada Pavilion and will host an Export Café, where Trade Commissioners from around the world will be present to inform Canadian companies on business opportunities in their markets. The Export Café will take place on:
- Tuesday, June 14 (1-3pm)
- Wednesday, June 15 (1-3pm)
To book meeting times, please contact Ghedona Berhane, Ghedona.Berhane@international.gc.ca.
The TCS helps Canadian companies navigate the complexities of international markets. With 1,000 Trade Commissioners in offices across Canada and on the ground in more than 160 cities worldwide, the TCS offers market intelligence and an unmatched network of contacts to help Canadian companies succeed abroad.
Services from the TCS are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
Register to attend
- To learn more about TCS programming at BIO International Convention, contact TCS Life Sciences Trade Commissioner Suzanne Burnham at Suzanne.Burnham@international.gc.ca.
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
The Trade Commissioners active in the following markets will be present at the conference and participating in the Export Café:
- Cheryl Rogers, Cheryl.Rogers@international.gc.ca, Trade Commissioner, Consulate of Canada, San Diego, CA, USA
- Mohammad Kondri, Mohammad.Kondri@international.gc.ca, Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Canada, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Karen Miller, Karen.Miller@international.gc.ca, Trade Commissioner, The Embassy of Canada to the United States of America, Washington, DC
- Philip Bunsick, Philip.Bunsick@international.gc.ca, Trade Commissioner, The Consulate General of Canada, Boston, MA, US
- Nitchawan Sriviboone, Nitchawan.Sriviboone@international.gc.ca, Trade Commissioner, The Embassy of Canada to Thailand, Bangkok
- Date Modified: