Opportunities for Canadian Companies at Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) 2022
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: October 10 to October 12, 2022
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
Target Audience: Canadian companies that wish to highlight their innovative solutions in the following areas: water recycling and reuse, membrane filtration, microbiological purification, nutrient recovery and monitoring and control systems.
Sector: Clean technologies
Join us at Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) 2022 to connect with water utility and industrial buyers to grow your business!
WEFTEC is the world's most comprehensive gathering of water quality professionals and thought leaders, featuring the sector's leading conference and exhibition program and a variety of valuable networking opportunities. The conference is taking place this year October 10 - 12, 2022 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), in collaboration with provincial partners and industry organizations, is organizing free in-person & virtual programming for Canadian companies (all activities are in person only except the webinars), on the margins of WEFTEC 2022. These international business development activities are targeted to Canadian companies that are registered or exhibiting at WEFTEC.
TCS Activities for Canadian Companies at WEFTEC:
Webinar: Pre-WEFTEC briefing (virtual)
- Thursday September 22nd, 1:00pm – 2:00pm (CST)
- Before WEFTEC, join our virtual webinar to get an update on Canadian activities at WEFTEC and hear from provincial representatives on their WEFTEC activities
Webinar: Latin America Water Opportunities (virtual)
- Tuesday September 27th, 10am – 12:00pm (EST)
- Join us to know the current situation of the water sector in Latin America and get first-hand intelligence on business opportunities for Canadian companies. Participants will include:
- Mr. Alex Serrano, Senior Water Resource Specialist at the World Bank
- Canadian Trade Commissioners from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Peru, Brazil and Argentina
Business-to-business (B2B) meetings with international buyers and contacts (In-person)
- Tuesday October 11th (7:30am – 12:30pm)
- Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans - Convention Center, 1201 Convention Center Blvd. New Orleans, Dauphine Room
- Across the street from WEFTEC, at the Hampton Inn & Suites, the TCS is organizing 20 minute pre-scheduled B2B meetings between Canadian firms & local buyers/contacts (water/wastewater utilities, engineering/consulting firms, industrial users, & manufactures representatives)
- If your company is interested in participating, the Canadian trade commissioners will share your company information with their local buyers and the companies will determine if they are interested meeting with you
- These meetings will take place in 20 minute timeslots between 7:30am & 12:30pm on Oct. 11th
- Light breakfast and refreshments will be served
Export Cafe to meet Canadian Trade Commissioners (in-person)
- Wednesday October 12th (7:30am – 12:30pm)
- Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans -Convention Center, 1201 Convention Center Blvd. New Orleans, Dauphine Room
- Have 15 minute pre-arranged in-person meetings with each participating Canadian Trade Commissioner to discuss market opportunities in 12 markets including:
- US (Chicago, Houston, Detroit, Washington DC)
- Latin America (Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Panama, Brazil, Argentina, El Salvador)
- Light breakfast and refreshments will be served
- Before October 7th you will be notified by email about your confirmed meetings if you are selected
Register to attend:
- Canadian companies will not receive any complimentary passes to WEFTEC 2022, but if you would like to purchase a ticket, please register on the WEFTEC event website
- Register for the TCS programming by September 20th, 2022
- For additional registration questions, please contact the Trade Commissioner Service in Houston at HSTONTD@international.gc.ca or call 713 992 0822
Who should register?
- Water technology companies registered in Canada, who have the resources and propensity to export and who offer innovative technologies, products or services
- Canadian Companies looking to expand their business via sales, partnerships or capital investment
Why your organization should participate:
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
The Trade Commissioner, Delon Chan, email@example.com, specializes in the cleantech sector for the Southern United States market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region.
The TCS helps Canadian companies navigate the complexities of international markets. With 1,000 Trade Commissioners in offices across Canada and on the ground in more than 160 cities worldwide, the TCS offers market intelligence and an unmatched network of contacts to help Canadian companies succeed abroad.
The TCS offers services free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: