Canada-Chicago Mentoring Program - C2MP
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: February 8 to September 13, 2023
Venue: Virtual and in person at MATTER Healthcare Incubator
Location: Chicago, United States of America
Target Audience: Canadian entrepreneurs and innovators with a product or technology in the life sciences/healthcare industry who are seeking to gain traction in the US market and could benefit from mentoring and guidance to refine your go-to-market strategy.
Sector: Life sciences
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) is partnering with MATTER, the leading life sciences/healthcare incubator in Chicago, to provide strategic guidance via team-based mentoring to five Canadian start-ups in the 9th annual cohort of the Canada-Chicago Mentoring Program (C2MP).
If selected, you will participate in a 6-month mentoring program that includes:
- a Day of Acceleration in Chicago
- live Pitch Presentations at the start and end of the program
- educational workshops
- monthly meetings with your dedicated mentoring team
This program is designed with flexibility based on the pandemic. It is likely to be a hybrid program, with 3 visits to Chicago as well as virtual meetings anticipated from February to September 2023. Applications are open from October 9 to November 9, 2022.
How to apply?
If you are interested in participating in the program, please contact Julien Rosan at email@example.com to receive the application form. Space is limited to FIVE Canadian companies and all applicants will be qualified by a vetting committee. The TCS supports equality and diversity, we strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
Why your organization should participate:
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Receive mentoring and coaching
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Networking event
- Product pitch to select audiences
The Trade Commissioner Julien Rosan, firstname.lastname@example.org, specializes in the Life Sciences sector for the Chicago/Midwest (IL, WI, MO) market and can provide information on this and other local events as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: