Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) 2023
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
In efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. Consult the official event organizer or event website for up-to-date information.
Date: September 30 to October 4, 2023
Venue: McCormick Place
Location: Chicago, IL, United States of America
Target Audience: Canadian water technology companies that wish to highlight their innovative solutions in the following areas: water recycling and reuse, membrane filtration, microbiological purification, nutrient recovery, monitoring and control systems, wastewater and storm water treatment, and odor solutions.
Sector: Clean technologies
Join us at WEFTEC (Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference) 2023 to connect with water utility and industrial buyers to grow your business!
WEFTEC is the world's most comprehensive gathering of water quality professionals and thought leaders, featuring the sector's leading conference and exhibition program and a variety of valuable networking opportunities. The conference is taking place this year from September 30 to October 4 in Chicago, IL.
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), in collaboration with provincial partners and industry organizations, is planning free in-person programming for Canadian companies (all activities are in person only except the webinars), on the margins of WEFTEC 2023. These international business development activities are targeted to Canadian companies that are registered or exhibiting at WEFTEC.
TCS Activities for Canadian Companies at WEFTEC:
Webinar: Pre-WEFTEC briefing (virtual)
- Tuesday September 12th, 1:00pm – 2:00pm (CST)
- Join our virtual webinar to get an update on Canadian activities at WEFTEC and hear from provincial representatives on their WEFTEC activities
Webinar: Latin America Water Opportunities (virtual)
- Tuesday September 19th 10am – 12:00pm (EST)
- Join us to know the current situation of the water sector in Latin America and get first-hand intelligence on business opportunities for Canadian companies. Participants will include:
- Canadian Trade Commissioners from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Peru, and Argentina
Water Tech Opportunities Breakfast for Canadian firms (in-person)
- Tuesday October 3rd, 7:15am – 8:45am
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Ballroom CDE (on 2nd floor of the hotel’s main tower)
- This high level panel will feature four (4) speakers from major water utilities and industrials. Don’t miss this chance to hear first hand about their technology and product needs in this lively discussion. Potential speakers from Water Utilities in:
- Los Angeles
Business-to-business (B2B) meetings with international buyers and contacts (In-person)
- Tuesday October 3rd, 7:30am – 1:30pm
- Attached to WEFTEC, at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Ballroom CDE (on 2nd floor of the hotel’s main tower), the TCS is organizing 20-minute pre-scheduled B2B meetings between Canadian firms & local buyers/contacts (water/wastewater utilities, engineering/consulting firms, industrial users, and manufactures representatives)
- If your company is interested in participating, the Canadian Trade Commissioners will share your company information with their local buyers and the companies will determine if they are interested meeting with you
- These in-person meetings will take place in 20 minute timeslots between 7:30am and 1:30pm on Oct. 3rd
- Light breakfast and refreshments will be served
Export Cafe to meet Canadian Trade Commissioners (in-person)
- Wednesday, October 4th, 7:30am – 1:30pm
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Jackson Park room, located on the first floor/street level of the hotel’s conference center
- Have 30 minute pre-arranged in-person meetings with each participating Canadian Trade Commissioner to discuss market opportunities in 12+ markets including:
- US (Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, and Los Angeles)
- Latin America (Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, and Peru)
- Malaysia Philippines, and the UK
- Light breakfast and refreshments will be served
- Before September 25th you will be notified by email about your confirmed meetings if you are selected
Register to attend:
- For information on how to register to participate in the Canada@WEFTEC business program, please contact the TCS in Chicago at email@example.com
- Canadian companies will not receive any complimentary passes to WEFTEC 2023, but if you would like to purchase a show floor pass, please register on the WEFTEC event website
- Registration deadline: September 11th, 2023
Who should register?
- Water technology companies registered in Canada, who have the resources and propensity to export and who offer innovative technologies, products or services
- Canadian Companies looking to expand their business via sales, partnerships or capital investment
Why your organization should participate:
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Export Café (individual meetings with Trade Commissioners from different international markets)
Trade commissioner Ann Rosen (firstname.lastname@example.org) specializes in the water/wastewater sector and can provide information on this event and others you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region.
The TCS helps Canadian companies navigate the complexities of international markets. With 1,000 Trade Commissioners in offices across Canada and on the ground in more than 160 cities worldwide, the TCS offers market intelligence and an unmatched network of contacts to help Canadian companies succeed abroad.
The TCS offers services free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: