Our website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. This may cause some information on this page to load incorrectly. We expect to be back in a few hours. Thank you for your patience.
Toutes nos excuses...
Nous effectuons actuellement des mises à jour sur ce site Web. Cette opération peut entraîner le chargement incorrect de certaines informations. Il devrait être accessible à nouveau dans quelques heures. Merci pour votre patience.
Impact of COVID-19 outbreak on CanExport Associations' recipients and applicants
During this extraordinary time, we encourage you to make informed decisions in order to minimize risk and protect your health and the health of your employees.
- Current recipients will not be penalized for any cancelled or reduced 2019-20 projects
- Applicants will receive direct communications regarding 2020-21 project approvals in early April 2020
The CanExport Associations 2020-21 funding round is now closed. The 2021-22 application process for projects taking place between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022, is scheduled to commence in fall 2020.
Canadian national trade organizations may access up to $400,000 in annual funding to cover up to 75% of the cost for new or expanded international business development activities.
What activities can be funded?
The following activity types may be funded:
Events, such as trade shows, networking functions, meetings, market visits, export training
Promotional and marketing tools and materials that promote integrative trade opportunities of a Canadian industry
Research, studies, international business development strategy updates, market diversification strategies
Who can apply?
Proposals will be accepted from:
Canadian national bilateral Chambers of Commerce and Business Councils
Canadian national industry or trade associations
Canadian national horizontal / multi-sectoral organizations
Eligible expenses include:
- Expenses to promote or assist with international business development (such as advertising, promotional materials, booth and equipment fees, translation, shipping, market research, etc.)
- Airfare, Per Diem, Registration, Taxi-bus-car, and Travel expenses for individuals to take part in international business development activities, including:
- Applicant expenses to visit foreign markets (maximum of two representatives per organization)
- Canadian company expenses to visit foreign markets (one representative per company)
- Incoming expenses for foreign participants in incoming visitors programs
To be eligible, your organization must:
- be incorporated
- not directly sell products that are sold by your members
- demonstrate adequate managerial and marketing capabilities to execute activities and meet recipient requirements
- have sufficient financial resources generated from private revenues to cover your share of proposed activities
- have and submit copies of financial statements for the past 2 years
- not have access to other federal contribution programs with similar objectives that support the international business development efforts of a specific sector (for example, the AgriMarketing Program and the Expanding Market Opportunities Program)
- not be funded entirely by Canadian government organizations (federal, provincial, territorial, or municipal or Crown corporations)
Contact our Team
Global Affairs Canada
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0G2
- Date Modified: