A look back at the TCS in 2022
Happy holidays from the CanadExport team and all of us at the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), and thank you for spending time with us in 2022! As this year comes to a close, we hope you enjoy this end‑of‑year look back at the TCS in 2022.
Over the past year, the TCS has continued to provide advice, support and funding to help Canadian exporters and entrepreneurs reach new markets and do business abroad.
In 2022, the TCS has:
- Offered more than 48,000 services to help more than 10,000 clients expand globally
- Delivered 26 Canadian Technology Accelerator programs to help Canadian innovators and entrepreneurs seize opportunities and succeed in global tech hubs
- Distributed, through CanExport and the Canadian International Innovation Program, more than $38 million in funding for more than 1,200 projects to help Canadian SMEs, innovators, national industry associations and communities in their international business development efforts
- Facilitated close to 900 business deals with an estimated value of $2.1 billion
Client satisfaction with TCS services also continues to be high. According to the latest TCS Client Survey:
- 92.2% of clients are satisfied with TCS services
- 93.1% would use the TCS services again
- 92.0% would recommend the TCS to other colleagues
See what clients are saying about the TCS!
“Overall, I think that the Trade Commissioner Service really helps us to get on the ground and feel more confident as a company by providing [us with] advice and connections in local markets.”
— Eric Enno Tamm, CEO, ThisFish
“The Trade Commissioner Service has been incredibly helpful in building early connections in the market so we could shortcut some…learning curves and expand more quickly.”
— Brianna Blaney, Co‑founder and CEO, Pocketed
Grow your business with the TCS's help in 2023! With more than 160 offices worldwide, and programs and services tailored to fit your needs, the TCS can help you achieve your global expansion goals. Visit the TCS website for more information.
WATCH: Your key to achieving international business success
When Canadian businesses succeed, we all succeed. In this video produced earlier this year, discover how the TCS supports its clients and helps them succeed as they expand to new markets around the world.
Working with the TCS gives you a competitive edge. On average, compared to non‑clients, Canadian companies that use TCS services:
- Export to 24.8% more countries
- Export 11.2% more product varieties
- Earn 19.8% more value
Subscribe to: CanadExport
- Date Modified: