Collaborative research and development projects
We help Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to engage in collaborative research and development (R&D) projects with a foreign entity. Our funding is available for projects in the following markets:
- South Korea
What types of projects do we fund?
CIIP funding supports R&D projects that are close to commercialization such as:
- Technology adaptation
Projects that help adapt already commercialized products to reach a new market. This can be either a foreign or Canadian market.
- Technology validation
Projects that include a new product that is not yet commercialized. The product must require technical and business validation from potential early adopter customers.
- Technology co-development
Projects that involve creating a new product, service, or process with an uncertain path to commercialization.
Who can apply?
This program is for Canadian companies that:
- are incorporated, profit-oriented, small and medium-sized enterprises, with up to 500 full-time equivalent employees
- are ready to collaborate with a foreign partner in one of the countries listed above
- are seeking to commercialize new or improved products, services, or processes
- have sufficient resources to make a serious new market entry push
- have a world class, distinguishable, and protectable technology which may already be commercialized in Canada
What is funded?
- ✓ Up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $600,000 for approved R&D Projects.
Eligible expenses include:
- salary costs
- contractors’ fees
- reasonable travel costs
Apply to a call for proposal (CFP) in your target market.
|Deadline||Title||Sector(s)||Partner economy(ies)||Open to|
|Closed||Canada – Israel 2023-2024 collaborative industrial research and development call for proposals|
|Closed||Canada-South Korea 2023 Collaborative Industrial Research and Development Call for Proposals|
|Closed||Canada–Brazil (EMBRAPII) 2023 collaborative industrial research and development call for proposals|
Subscribe below for updates on future activities.
Subscribe for CIIP updates
Don’t miss out on our next partnership development activities. Subscribe to our mailing list to get email notifications for all upcoming CIIP activities.
Science, Technology and Innovation Division
Global Affairs Canada
- Date Modified: