Canadian Clean Energy R&D Partnering Delegation to India
Request for expression of interest
February 18-23, 2023
Global Affairs Canada, through the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi and the National Research Council Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRCIRAP), will be pleased to receive your application to participate in the “Canadian Clean Energy R&D Partnering Delegation to India”, which will take place from February 18-23, 2023 across Delhi, Gujarat and Mumbai, India.
Connect with us to join our info session on November 7!
Note that interested companies must apply no later than December 6.
The delegation will focus on establishing industrial R&D collaboration opportunities (specifically to discover and outline potential technology validation, adaptation and co-development projects) between Canadian and Indian companies.
Canadian Delegation Profile
Canadian delegates to the “Canadian Clean Energy Delegation to India” should meet the requirements below in order to benefit from this initiative:
- Profit-oriented small or medium-size enterprise incorporated in Canada;
- Previous experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets;
- Capacity and interest to co-develop technology with Indian partners;
- Committed to expansion to the Indian market; and,
- Sufficient working capital and human resources to undertake a multi-year R&D collaboration and commercialize the results.
The PDA will take place over a six-day period in February 2023 and will consist of participating in ELECRAMA, multiple B2B activities and visits to key Clean Energy-related organizations. The delegation will focus on establishing industrial R&D collaborations opportunities (specifically technology validation, adaption and co-development) in the Clean Energy field and has been designed to promote discussions on commercialization-oriented R&D collaboration opportunities.
Elements of the delegation may include:
- Pitching session at ELECRAMA;
- Participation in “Innovations in Energy Management and Power Control” workshop on the margins of ELECRAMA to explore potential R&D collaboration with Indian counterparts;
- Networking event in New Delhi with key industry players, institutions, and government officials;
- Travel to Mumbai and Gujarat for meetings and site visits with local stakeholders, including Tata Power, Adani Green Energy and others.
Areas of focus for the Canadian Clean Energy Delegation to India could include solutions related to:
- Smart infrastructure / smart grids
- Energy management
- Power control systems
Description of the Initiative
India’s industries are making great efforts towards low-carbon economic recovery, which are supported by the Indian government’s policies and commitment to achieving sustainability and meeting GHG reduction goals. Many industries have started adopting clean energy paths and technologies that can meet environmental norms.
This creates a unique opportunity for Canadian cleantech and infrastructure companies, as clean technology solutions and related services are increasingly being adopted and developed in the country.
India is the 3rd most attractive renewable energy destination for investment in the world. The country has set a target of reducing emissions intensity of GDP by 33-35% below the 2005 level and increasing its share of non-fossil fuel in total capacity to 40% by 2030. This would provide several opportunities including smart grid, energy storage, hydrogen, and other related solutions.
The Canadian Clean Energy Delegation to India will take place in parallel to ELECRAMA 2023, an Indian electrical industry flagship event. The conference offers a platform to connect the world with the Indian industry in tech, new trends and innovation for the future energy transition. ELECRAMA covers all segments of the power sector, including generation, transmission, distribution, power electronics, renewables, electro mobility and next generation technologies in energy storage in smart grids.
This is the ideal platform for Canadian technology companies to interact with the Indian industry across the entire value chain.
As part of this delegation, we will also explore engagement with various government agencies and private stakeholders across Delhi, Gujarat and Mumbai.
Financial Support for Travel to the Delegation
The Canadian International Innovation Program (CIIP) may provide financial support to eligible Canadian participants for 50% of all eligible expenses (see application process below) that include but are not limited to the following:
- Economy airfare;
- Local transportation;
- Meals; and,
- Conference registration fees.
Further information on the eligibility for travel funding will be provided to companies selected to participate in the delegation.
How to Apply for Participation
- Interested companies should request an Application Form from Deborah Rojas, Trade Commissioners at the High Commission of Canada in Delhi (Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org). In your request, please provide a brief summary of your company. A full application form requesting additional information on your company, your technology and your interest in discussing possible R&D opportunities will be sent to you;
- Completed application forms are due no later than December 6 to Deborah Rojas (Deborah.email@example.com);
- The High Commission of Canada in Delhi, The Science, Technology & Innovation Division at Global Affairs Canada, as well as NRC-IRAP will select companies to participate in the delegation. Selected applicants can expect to be notified no later than December 22, 2022;
- Companies formally selected to participate in the delegation will be invited to apply for travel funding support. Interested participants should request a travel funding form from Deborah Rojas (Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Companies who have applied for travel support will be notified of the funding decision no later than January 16, 2023.
If you have any questions concerning application process, please see the CIIP webpage and/or email CIIP at email@example.com.
Canadian International Innovation Program (CIIP)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC) in collaboration with the National Research Council Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRCIRAP) delivers the Canadian International Innovation Program (CIIP) in India. CIIP supports industrial R&D collaborations between Canadian SMEs and companies in key markets, including India.
Collaborative R&D projects (validation, adaptation and co-development) between Canadian and Indian companies resulting from the Canadian Clean Energy Delegation to India may be eligible to apply for CIIP project funding.
- Date Modified: