About the Trade Commissioner Service
Now more than ever, the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) is helping companies sell their products and services outside Canada by connecting them with its funding and support programs, international opportunities and its network of trade commissioners in more than 160 cities worldwide. Through our services, and by connecting you to other useful Government of Canada programs, we can help you grow abroad, even in these challenging times.
Services for Canadian businesses and organizations
If you are an eligible Canadian business or organization, you can benefit from our three key services for free:
- Our network of more than 1,000 trade commissioners in over 160 cities across Canada and the world.
- Funding to help you grow into international markets and access new opportunities.
- Support through tailored advice and guidance to help your business tap into specific audiences and enter new markets outside of Canada.
Eligibility criteria to be a TCS client
To benefit from our help, your Canadian business or organization must:
- ✓ have meaningful economic ties to Canada
- ✓ a demonstrated capacity for, and commitment to, internationalization
- ✓ the potential to contribute significantly to the Canadian economy
History of the TCS
Since our first trade commissioner was posted to Australia in 1895, the TCS has gained 125 years of experience helping Canadian companies succeed in international markets.
The role of the TCS is to promote the economic interests of Canada in the global marketplace. This role has become even more critical and valuable within an ever-evolving global economy and with the impacts of COVID-19.
Canada’s active and successful participation in the global economy affects all Canadians. A fifth of all jobs in this country are directly linked to international trade.
Protecting your information
The Trade Commissioner Service holds information you provide in the strictest possible confidence.
- Date Modified: